Post Thanks / Like

Which Hydrotech for UC and M205.

Hello I got some swirls and scratches I want to take out of my older car. 2001 Acura TL. Car is Pearl white. I will first use M205 if that does not work I will use Ultimate compound. But about the pads. Right now I have the set of 3 Hydro techs and a Yellow CCS cutting.

Would it be ok to use the yellow cutting, with M205, on speed of 4 on the PC?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Hydrotech for UC and M205.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Hello I got some swirls and scratches I want to take out of my older car. 2001 Acura TL. Car is Pearl white. I will first use M205 if that does not work I will use Ultimate compound. But about the pads. Right now I have the set of 3 Hydro techs and a Yellow CCS cutting.

Would it be ok to use the yellow cutting, with M205, on speed of 4 on the PC?
    You could use the yellow cutting pad on with M205, but it is mismatch of products. The yellow pad is a cutting pad and M205 is a finishing polish. The result will be that you won`t reach the cutting potential of the pad nor will you get the finishing potential of the polish.

You can use M105 with either the Cyan or Tangerine pads depending on the level of cut needed and M205 with the Crimson pad to finish things off nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    You could use the yellow cutting pad on with M205, but it is mismatch of products. The yellow pad is a cutting pad and M205 is a finishing polish. The result will be that you won`t reach the cutting potential of the pad nor will you get the finishing potential of the polish.

You can use M105 with either the Cyan or Tangerine pads depending on the level of cut needed and M205 with the Crimson pad to finish things off nicely.
    Can I use the Ultimate compound with the yellow cutting pad,

I will first try the M205 with the Tangerine or Crimson,if that does not work I will move to the compound.

Also would you put the M205 and TPnS in the same category for correcting swirls? Lets say both used with a white 5.5 CCS pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Can I use the Ultimate compound with the yellow cutting pad,

I will first try the M205 with the Tangerine or Crimson,if that does not work I will move to the compound.

Also would you put the M205 and TPnS in the same category for correcting swirls? Lets say both used with a white 5.5 CCS pad.
    I would start out with the 205 on a Tang pad and if that doesn`t work step up to the Cyan & 205. Based on that if there is still more needed you could go UC + Tang and then UC + Cyan. The step process I would use going least aggressive first.

M205 and TPnS are very different in cut and product type. 205 is a finishing polish as TPnS is a AIO product with cleaning and protection. Here is link to a great chart Todd put together showing products and their relative cut on a scale.

Link: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ighlight=chart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I would start out with the 205 on a Tang pad and if that doesn`t work step up to the Cyan & 205. Based on that if there is still more needed you could go UC + Tang and then UC + Cyan. The step process I would use going least aggressive first.

M205 and TPnS are very different in cut and product type. 205 is a finishing polish as TPnS is a AIO product with cleaning and protection. Here is link to a great chart Todd put together showing products and their relative cut on a scale.

Great advice Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Thanks Troy, I used this method, Used a LED light and wow my clear on my white car is horrible, I did the method you described and then stepped up to the UC and yellow cutting on speed 5. It did take about alot of the imperfection but we are talking about 12 years of wear and tear and this is the first correction I have done ever on this car.

When I bought the car back in 2001, I got into a accident at 3500 mile in May of 2001, The parts of the car that the body shop did were alot easier to correct, I found that pretty interesting.

Thread Information