Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Go Deep!
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing...an Obesession?

Man, does anyone else find theirself cleaning their car in their spare time, like all the time? Any time or any day I have nothing to do out comes the pc and the box of goodies and I goto work, getting out of hand here:hurl

Please help!!! :doubleduc

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah same here, I think I have some sort of obsessive-compulsive disorder lol. Everyday except Sat/Sun (working) I`m looking for something to do on my truck.

My girlfriend gets mad at me when I tell her I`m going to shut her door because I don`t want her to get fingerprints all over it it! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Empathy you will find here, perhaps even sympathy, and definitely understanding! But help to overcome your obsession? Nah!!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    When I have people in my car and they are getting out ... i tell them exactly how to close the door.

Not by the window, not by the paint, the rubber in between

Post Thanks / Like
    I think nothing is worse when I asked my friend on prom night if I could CCD my car because of the pollen. Boy did she yell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Woob
    I think nothing is worse when I asked my friend on prom night if I could CCD my car because of the pollen. Boy did she yell.

lol

I can identify with the thread, im currently logged onto two detailing forums, perusing a couple vendor sites, and contemplating if I should go give the car a monday wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can certainly relate and empathize with the detailing obsession....I`m lucky enough to have lots of free time and my significant other appreciates my efforts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    My name is Kim and I am a detailaholic
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i only get to detail cars on the weekends (unless its a quick detail), so its constantly on my mind during the weekdays. when im sitting in class taking a test, im thinking of the next product i should try. when im lying in my bed, i think about how many more microfibers i need. sometimes i calculate prices of products and shipping in my head. in a parking lot, i stare at other cars and gringe. oh well, i guess im not alone
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    What are we starting here detaiers anonymous.

Hi my name is nick and im a detailaholic. This morning after it stopped raining I woke up 2hrs early so that I would have plenty of time to Wash dry and quick detaiil my car.
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im more obsessed about different products, and the hundreds of combinations i could use for things such as interior trim, rims and ofcourse...the paint. I lose track of time alot during the week as a result of this. Hehe , comes with the territory i guess.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh I feel your pain(t):LOLOL :LOLOL
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too - the wife thinks I`m crazy. I S&W my car at least 3x a week, clean it out every weekend, and carry a little brush to clean trhe crevices when I`m just sitting in traffic.

In addition, I`ve converted the ledge on our basement stairs to my detailing product storage area.

Yup, I`m nuts.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m on the edge of changing the name of my business to "Obsessive Compulsive Detailing" or "O.C.D." for short. It is beyond obsession for me. I actually get cranky in the winter because I can`t go out and get my detailing fix. I need to detail more than I need the sun. I find myself so giddy and excited before a detail sometimes that I lose sleep thinking about it. I am definitely obsessed and need help. lol
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    I`m on the edge of changing the name of my business to "Obsessive Compulsive Detailing" or "O.C.D." for short.
    The sad part is that is such a good name for a detailing business. People would probably get a kick out of it ... or laugh at you ... either way its all good.

recently ive found myself in this nighmare where i can`t get my car clean. I had my girlfriend look it up in the dream dictonary but they didn`t seem to have anything about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information