Post Thanks / Like

Proper Zaino amounts...

I was applying Zaino today and was not sure if I was getting the correct amount of product on my car. I know it is supposed to be applied very thin. As I was applying the Z1 and the Z2 I was having trouble seeing it on the paint and was not sure if that was a good thing (meaning it was thin enough) or a bad thing (meaning I hadn`t applied enough). It seemed like the Z1 almost disappeared after I applied it (even when looking at it from an angle). When I buffed off the Z2 (I waited 1 hour to make sure it had dried), it was hard to see the product on my paint and the spots where I could see a haziness of the product it was more difficult to remove and almost wanted to smear (which is supposed to mean I applied too much or it wasn`t dry). So I basically wanted to hear if the product should be difficult to see as it is being applied or not. (I am just used to carnaubas that haze very obviously and am checking my methods for Zaino).

by the way, it did produce a nice shine, a slick feel, and buffed off easily so I think I did it correctly, but I just wanted to know others experience with it. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with Zaino is that it is difficult to see if applied thin, which seems to be the best way to apply Zaino, as think layers are sometimes difficult to remove.

Boss_429
    If the Zaino buffed off easily after an hour wait, then you probably applied it fairly well. It is a tough product to see on the surface, and doesn`t haze very quickly, making it even more difficult to see. Additional coats without the Z1 will be easier to apply, especially if you use the Z6 before each coat. The surface will be very slick, and the applicator will glide over it nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely need to apply Zaino in layers so apply it thin. I`ve got about 8 layers of Z2 on my crystal white IS300. In the sun, you can really see the pearl in the paint. Been tempted to experiment a little, but find it hard to dump all the hard work with the Zaino as it does take some time to put that many layers on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Havde not used Zaino , but other sealants are the same - thinner is better - the thicker it is the longer the dry time and the harder it is to get off
    You have activated my special ability....

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use about a quarter size drop of Zaino per body panel, give or take.

I have a 5-6 coats of Z2 on my Storm Gray GMC Sierra and it looks sweet
    Joe
    TruckTechniques.com in Michigan

Thread Information