Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

What products would you get a non car person?

A lot of my friends know when I get the bug about something, I research the hell outta of it and end up buying much more than I need as Ilike to try new things. I`m sure many of you share the same addiction. So many friends recently have asked me to put together a basic kit to keep their cars clean and in good shape. Absolutely nothing fancy, just clean. And here in Florida , that`s easy to do. These are real non car folks, right now, they have a bucket and maybe a mitt and a bottle of turtle wax. Most of them think their detailing is getting a free wash when they get gas. However, they like to take care of their stuff, hence why they asked, they know a car wash is not a good idea.

So without getting into a bunch of brand names of what`s best, what would you think would be the absolute barest of necessity on a exterior car care kit? Assume they can do the inside themselves with what they have.

I know how everyone feels about clay but my friends won`t do that - even though they should. So I`m thinking it`s a wash, an AIO and spray? And all by hand.

Based on what I just experienced, I`d make the all in one the blackfire TPnS, the wash a PB gloss enhancer and the spray Aquawax. The BF poly spray would cross link better, but they don`t care about that...Something easy like Meg endurance for the tires

I`ll assume the TPnS once a quarter, and the wash, spray and tires every week or so - maybe two weeks

Thoughts?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a bucket, grit guard, car wash, wash mitt, WW drying towel, tire shine.

I`ll add a wax or sealant- something easy like a WOWA or a wipe on wipe off type. A few come to mind that are easy.

Maybe a wheel cleaner would be good as well and something for the interior like Meg`s QID

if you want me to me more specific I can be. For non car people I think that would cover the basics of what they would be willing to do

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products would you get a non car person?

I`d add a good APC like BF AIOAPC or OPC for interior cleaning and wheels/tires/wheel wells (not that they are likely to go there) as well. And maybe a good general purpose dressing (PERL or CG Silk Shine). And a glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

my first thought when i read your heading...... nothin. but to be specific i`d get them a blackfire kit,i.e. shampoo, wet diamond and tire gel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    I`d add a good APC like BF AIOAPC or OPC for interior cleaning and wheels/tires/wheel wells (not that they are likely to go there) as well. And maybe a good general purpose dressing (PERL or CG Silk Shine). And a glass cleaner.
    That`s better than the wheel cleaner I suggested. I like that idea

Post Thanks / Like

I put together a couple of Christmas gifts just for those types of people. Now you could choose which ever brand you like in place of the ones I used but this was also before the BF line came out.

CG spray bottles for each product as most were made from my concentrates and all ready to be used.
    Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
    8oz bottle of ONR to use as a WW
    Optimum tire gel
    Optimum Opti Clean
    Optimum Power Clean
    8 oz OPCW
    MF wash Mit
    2 CG Sasquatch Maximus Towels
    6 CG Super Towels
    2 Black MF Towels

Post Thanks / Like

I`d buy them some gift certificates to a drive through scratch em up car wash. They could pay me to correct it!

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if it would be wise to stick with OTC products when possible.
    Being they are non car people, they may be more likely to stick to it if they can easily replace product as they use it up.

Although I would get them some good MF`s and wash mitt. And make sure they have a grit guard.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    I wonder if it would be wise to stick with OTC products when possible.
    Being they are non car people, they may be more likely to stick to it if they can easily replace product as they use it up.

Although I would get them some good MF`s and wash mitt. And make sure they have a grit guard.
    That`s a good point - so the wash would be Gold Class, the spray would be Quik wax, and what`s Meg`s AIO?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

their cleaner wax.

But it stains trim... I havnt found an OTC AIO that doesnt stain yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Get them good products show them how to use them and let them know when they need more you can get it for them. Once they see how easy they are to use they will be more inclined to use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Get them good products show them how to use them and let them know when they need more you can get it for them. Once they see how easy they are to use they will be more inclined to use them.
    I agree. You could also tell them where to get the products (ACC of course)

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend that is a bit more involved will definitely use PBMG - no problem. My wife`s friend that asked me is more of a meg car wash/quik wax type person....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I`m thinking a non-car person would probably not be interested in deep cleaning or waxing, most non-car people I know will go pay to have their cars cleaned or waxed a couple times per year. So I guess I don`t think the AIO is needed.

I would say a car wash soap, sponge, spray wax for maintenance, 303 for multiple purposes, and some inexpensive microfibers.

I think I would encourage non-car people have their cars opti-coated to start.

Post Thanks / Like

Get them nothing and start yourself a side gig washing and maintaining their vehicles!

CHAAA-CHING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information