Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips and tricks to a happy customer.

Cool tips! Great knowledge to soak on in Just one thing you didn`t mention on the pedals Todd,

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

Clean the pedals- If you are doing interior work, even if it is just a vacuum and wipedown, take the extra minute and clean the gas and brake pedals thoroughly (clutch pedal as well if applicable). An all purpose cleaner, a brush, and a towel are all that is needed to do a good job. Again this is something that many detailers overlook, even when doing full interior details. Customers see their pedals every day, and they may not notice they are dirty (there is a chance they may not notice you cleaned them) but it adds to presentation of quality.
    Yet I`ve wanted to clean pedals but do not touch them on any car I do unless specifically asked, because of the liability aspect on how they can blame YOU for their foot magically slipping on an APC Cleaned pedal 99% of your customers it won`t happen, but that 1% of Sue Happy people is what I try & watch out for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    All good tips above

Something I always did after a simple wash & vac would be to quickly go over the car with Aquawax or Optimum Spray Wax. The product cost was nil and it took all of ten minutes max to make it look really nice as opposed to just clean. The customer felt that they got a great deal more than they paid for. This little gesture made for a lot of referrals.
    X2 on this one..maybe not the same products but i like to put a quick spray wax or use a rinseless with carnauba in it to add to the pop

i have even used prima hydro wax as you dry after ONR when drying for good results

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    Cool tips! Great knowledge to soak on in Just one thing you didn`t mention on the pedals Todd,

Yet I`ve wanted to clean pedals but do not touch them on any car I do unless specifically asked, because of the liability aspect on how they can blame YOU for their foot magically slipping on an APC Cleaned pedal 99% of your customers it won`t happen, but that 1% of Sue Happy people is what I try & watch out for.
    sadly, that thought has crossed my mind a few times

i could see it being more of a problem on a vehicle with metal pedals but i have cleaned the rubber ones on my vehicle before and found them pretty slick after a light opticlean solution wipedown

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I use APC then steam them to "rinse". As long as no dressings or lubricating products are applied I can`t see them being any more slick than brand new ones. They would have a tough time proving it wasn`t a puddle of oil they stepped in that caused a slip.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope I`m not repeating this.....

But get another set of eyes on the finished product...I often get my son to give it the critical once over to make sure I`ve covered the bases....

You`ll be surprised that after hours on a vehicle the things you can miss....a fresh set of eyes can be a big help...

But choose wisely.....like not my wife.....If I do a quick clean up on her car, she says "looks nice".....if I do an 8 hour detail, she says "looks nice"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piaaump View Post
    not my wife.....If I do a quick clean up on her car, she says "looks nice".....if I do an 8 hour detail, she says "looks nice"
    hahaha same here.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly this is a good point. However, a damp rag will remove any surfactant that could cause a slippery feel. I do think your point is valid though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information