Post Thanks / Like

Need Opinions On The Chemical Guys Dust Monster XL

okay .. my car is garage kept and EVERY morning I wake up with a very light dusting on the car .. it`s REALLY annoying and I really don`t see the necessity to detail spray it everyday as I run the risk even more of adding unnecessary swirls .. I absolutely hate the California Duster .. I came across the CG Monster XL which is made of merino wool .. it looks soft enough to not cause issues and doesn`t have that wax/greasy feel that the cali duster has .. anyone have any experience with this or a better product and/or way to help avoid the dust ?? I have concrete floors in my garage and have been reading about concrete dusting .. this Spring I`m epoxy coating and sealing the whole floor black with flakes and painting all of the walls in the hopes that the epoxy will help reduce the dusting .. going to try anything I can aside from a car cover really lol any opinions on this product would be helpful, thanks !!

btw, didn`t want to link to the product because I`m not sure of the rules with that but if you type in dust on the CG website it brings the item up

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Opinions On The Chemical Guys Dust Monster XL

Sounds decent enough, I put them on my list. May be worth a try. Looks like a good idea.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think I want to use anything that dry wipes dust off of my vehicle, unless it is air. It does look awfully soft though.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks promising. Let us know what you think of it, if you end up getting it - also let us know your results from the epoxy coating and sealing the whole floor.
    Current: 2015 Volvo S60 Platinum - Ember Black Metallic

Past: 2011 Jaguar XF Premium - Ebony, Barley/Truffle

Past: 2007 Celestial Blue Metallic C70 T5

Past: 2005 Black Saphire Metallic S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Wont the dust just blow off when you drive it?
    Ive never been a fan of running anything dry over my paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks real soft BUT I don`t know if I would use it for dusting the car. I think the dust itself could cause marring not the duster. I would want to use something like a QD or a waterless wash at QD strength

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS 07C70 View Post
    Looks promising. Let us know what you think of it, if you end up getting it - also let us know your results from the epoxy coating and sealing the whole floor.
    sure thing .. planning it all now and should be done as soon as the weather is nice enough to part my car outside for a decent 72 hours LOL

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Wont the dust just blow off when you drive it?
    Ive never been a fan of running anything dry over my paint.
    I`ve tried that, trust me LOL for some reason this dust is the ahole of dust .. before I had a garage I could go DAYS without having this much dust on the car .. then again, days like today where it snowed I`m thankful she`s inside with only dust on her

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    It looks real soft BUT I don`t know if I would use it for dusting the car. I think the dust itself could cause marring not the duster. I would want to use something like a QD or a waterless wash at QD strength
    the thing that puts me at a catch 22 is every time I QD or waterless wash I feel that no matter WHAT you do, especially with the soft clear on my car, I`m probably causing a little marring regardless .. I guess in my crazy mind gently swiping this across the finish for the REALLY light dusting only and fanning it out often would be less of a risk than rubbing a MF over the paint .. not sure though but I feel I`m screwed regardless lol I`ll be light polishing this Spring anyway so I might pick this up until then and hopefully the floor coating and paint on the walls will at least calm the dusting issue

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it would be just fine as long as your only using it for airborn garage dust and not driving dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there forced air moving through the garage? Floor dust doesn`t just rise up without air movement.

What finish is on the ceiling? How old is it the ceiling finish? Is there an occupied room above the garage?

Try this. Wet down the garage floor after you park there. Investigate. Is there dust in the morning?

Thread Information