Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying your Ride

I use the flood method, then I use my absorber to get any remaining water droplets. But I always make sure the absorber is clean before using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Craftsman shop vac that also converts into a blower. I used to use that along with high-quality microfiber towels to dry vehicles. However, I recently purchased the `Toro 51599 Ultra 12 amp Variable-Speed Electric Blower/Vacuum` from Amazon.com and it really surpassed my expectations. (I somehow managed to resist the temptation to insert an extremly cheesy pun there...)

I would definitely recommend it. (It can also be used to vacuum up leaves and debris but I`m betting that it`d quickly become less than ideal for drying vehicles if you didn`t keep it extremely clean.)

-J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    I like you never tried using a drying aid but once I did i was hooked. I use GG Spray on wax because it`s cheap and got it on BOGO but have also used quick detailers. I like how once the panel is almost dry and your giving it the final wipe you don`t get that dragging feeling from your ww. Plus you get a just waxed look after every wash!
    i had a lot of streaking with gg sprayon wax. not sure if it was the cold weather, too much product, too wet, microfiber incompatibility. any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Van185 View Post
    I use the Absorber to dry all my cars. I`ve actually used the same one for the past 5 or 6 years and bought the larger size one a month ago. It`s the best drying tool that I`ve found for the money. Just don`t let it dry out.
    do you wash it between uses? i thinks its very effective. but people are always commenting that it has a higher risk of scratching the paint. prob not if you wash after each use. i reall like this product, but stopped usig it because of waffle weaves seem to be the preferred choice. maybe ill pull it out again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    do you wash it between uses? i thinks its very effective. but people are always commenting that it has a higher risk of scratching the paint. prob not if you wash after each use. i reall like this product, but stopped usig it because of waffle weaves seem to be the preferred choice. maybe ill pull it out again.
    I use the Absorber also, and follow it up with a Meguiars WW. I through mine in the wash machine (without any detergant, just a quick wash) after each use.
    But, there should really be no need to wash any drying towel after use, THE CAR / PAINT is supposed to be CLEAN after you wash it - and before you dry it!
    Just saying.
    Current: 2015 Volvo S60 Platinum - Ember Black Metallic

Past: 2011 Jaguar XF Premium - Ebony, Barley/Truffle

Past: 2007 Celestial Blue Metallic C70 T5

Past: 2005 Black Saphire Metallic S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS 07C70 View Post
    I use the Absorber also, and follow it up with a Meguiars WW. I through mine in the wash machine (without any detergant, just a quick wash) after each use.
    But, there should really be no need to wash any drying towel after use, THE CAR / PAINT is supposed to be CLEAN after you wash it - and before you dry it!
    Just saying.
    agree. ideally the car is completely clean, but sometimes there are those nooks and crannies or creases where dirt gets picked up. nothing is ever perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    i had a lot of streaking with gg sprayon wax. not sure if it was the cold weather, too much product, too wet, microfiber incompatibility. any tips?
    I`ve never had that problem and my truck is a pretty dark color. I`m using a Cobra Gusler WW and I just spray it on like you would a QD maybe a little less while the truck is still wet before the initial wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

[I used my backpack blower today and it work great,,,Now to order the Toro 51599FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    I`ve never had that problem and my truck is a pretty dark color. I`m using a Cobra Gusler WW and I just spray it on like you would a QD maybe a little less while the truck is still wet before the initial wipe.
    That`s what I do as well and I`ve never had streaking unless I miss wiping a spot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information