Post Thanks / Like

rinseless washing

what are people`s thoughts on a rinseless wash right after driving the car in slushy weather?

The car looks black b/c it`s wet but if it dries overnight in the garage then there will be the horrible white salt everywhere. Once it`s like that then there`s no way I`d do a rinseless on it but what about now while it`s wet and before the stuff has had a chance to bond to the paint? Maybe a waterless presoak would help?

If I could hose it off it would be best but the coinop`s aren`t anywhere close to my route home from work...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rinseless washing

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    what are people`s thoughts on a rinseless wash right after driving the car in slushy weather?

The car looks black b/c it`s wet but if it dries overnight in the garage then there will be the horrible white salt everywhere. Once it`s like that then there`s no way I`d do a rinseless on it but what about now while it`s wet and before the stuff has had a chance to bond to the paint? Maybe a waterless presoak would help?

If I could hose it off it would be best but the coinop`s aren`t anywhere close to my route home from work...
    Mix some rinseless wash into a pump-style garden sprayer at QD strength, than pre-rinse the car with it. After that, do the standard rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

The sooner you can wash the salt, sand, and snow from the vehicles finish the better. Spraying a hot solution of rinseless wash on the affected area can only be of benefit.

Spray it on then use the rinseless wash to completely remove the foreign debris is a great way to attack the never-ending onslaught of Old Man Winter......

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I do, if its fairly salty, take it to the local car wash, pressure wash with rinse only. Let it dry. Now if its fairly clean, waterless wash. If its still pretty soiled, rinseless wash is in order. If its questionable, presoak rinseless then wash the panel with the RLW

Post Thanks / Like

I just converted one of my garden type sprayers for spaying off the wheel wells and wheels for ONR washes and it works really well so I can`t see why it wouldn`t also work for a good pre rinse/soak before the salt gets a chance to dry. I know letting it dry will sure add to the amount of work clean it later. This time of the year we always rinse down the apparatrus as soon as we get back in the station and most times they still look pretty darn clean when they dry. Get it while it`s wet!

Post Thanks / Like

ok it was warm today (3C) so I hosed off the car and then did a rinseless

DP rinseless wash and gloss rocks!

can`t wait to try the new formula pro series

what doesn`t rock though are my Griots speedshine towels. My issue with them is severe linting that gets worse the more you try to fix it. I had used them without washing first so maybe that was the reason.

Anyhow, put on some V7 after drying with Mother`s drying towel and figured I`d give one another try for the final wipe. Everything was going ok on the C pillar but then I hit a water droplet on the trunk lid and everything went to crap. There was lint everywhere! It actually looked like micro tick marks all over the trunk lid. I tried to wipe them off and it got even worse. I got so frustrated I started drying my tires with it.

Afterwards, I went and got a cobra rolled edge and fixed the lint issue lickety split. At half the cost of a speedshine towel (even at reg price), the cobras are worth 10 times the speedshine towels.

Sorry Mr. Griot, I am not having fun in my garage with your towels...

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so glad they invented products like these. makes life so much easier

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Living up north and having a detailed car in the winter is tough. The best thing is to spray both the car and underneath with a clean water. I always had a hose hooked up to a hot water supply. Rinse it off then pull in the garage.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Thread Information