Greetings my DC friends,

I am in the midst of re-organizing many aspects in my business to promote it effectively, run it more efficiently and most importantly, reduce the amount of physical energy that i have to exert via means of hiring an employee/employees...and increase the volume of work i do at the same time.

Now, i know there is a wealth of knowledgeable/experienced detailers who already have experience with hiring, managing and paying hired help...so i call upon all of you for help. If you do not feel its appropriate to share certain adivece and/or information by replying to this thread, please....i encourage you to PM me or send me an email and we`ll conduct our talks through there.

As many of you may or may not know, i have been successfully operating my high-end mobile detailing business for almost 18 months now....and up until now i have been a one man show, similar to our great pal Nick (we`re in the same boat brotha!).

Anyhow, there is a limit to how much one person can physically achieve in one day, especially when we`re talking about thorough, intensely laborious and meticulous detail work.

If i can nab just one motivated, dedicated and passionate employee im confident that i can cut my work time in half (not to mention the strenuous effort that goes into detailing in the florida sun)...and thereby increasing my overall efficiency. In addition, i can do a larger volume of vehicles in one day too...increasing revenue as well.

SO here are my qustions/concerns to all those who have some expertise in this area:

As professional/high quality detailers, who do you target in regards to quality employees & helpers?

How do you structure your salary/payment plans with them? DO you pay by the hour, or by car....if hourly then how much? Do any of you have some kind of sliding scale commision plan that encourages workers to work harder, better and more thoroughly?

What are your experiences (both negative and positive) in hiring younger highschool aged kids? College kids?

Im just looking for any type of advice, suggestions or help from any/all of you in regards to this subject.

Share your thoughts, again, if your uncomfortable in revealing certian information publicly....PM or email me, all of our discussions will be kept confidential.

Thanks again,

Mike T.

~Mike`s Car Wash & Detail~

Mobility * Convenience * Outstanding Results