Post Thanks / Like

Some Pad Advice...

Hey Guys,

With birthday and Xmas coming up, the wifey and kids have asked for my gift list.

I`d like to get more CCS Pads to use with my Griot`s Garage RO.

I`ve gotten some decent results with my orange, blue and white pads...but maybe I can get even better results with different pads.

I`m pretty much sticking with the Poorboy products. I have SSR1, SSR2.5, EX-P, and Black Hole.

What color pads would you recommend for these products?

Thanks,
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some Pad Advice...

SSR1 - Red
    SSR2.5 - Orange or White
    Black Hole - Blue or Grey
    EX-P - Red or Gold

I will also suggest trying out SSR2. Its the happy medium between 2.5 and 1, and I personally like it the best out of all of them. The gloss is unreal. White pad for it.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Didn`t even know there was a 2.

I`ve been cleaning my pads with a hose. What are your thoughts on the best way to clean them?

Thanks,
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Well you can buy one of these
    Grit Guard Univeral Pad Washer Free Bonus!
    and some of this
    Wolfgang Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

or you can wash them out by hand with Dawn and hot water in the sink. Apply very generous amount of Dawn to the pad, run it under hot water, and go to town scrubbing it with your fingers. Rinse it out thoroughly, wring it out and let it dry.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Lake Country Flat Pads, because I want as much of the pad correcting, polishing, etc., the paint as possible at all times.
    Have used all the colors, and find that green color great at light to light medium correction, and the rest of the colors descending to be less aggressive and more for finishing.
    Their Orange pad is pretty good too, but I would rather use a less aggressive pad and say a more aggressive polish, compound, etc., if needed to, and still be able to finish down to a really nice hopefully close to or at a LSP ready stage.
    Have invested many $$ and time using the L/C Hydro-Shreds as I like to call them, and they actually work pretty darn good until they give it up and start spewing little chunks of Cyan, or Tangerine all over the place. They have to be really babied to work hard in a Rotary situation, but if you take good care of them, they will produce outstanding results and finish down better than a few colors of other pads.
    Am also a fan of the L/C Purple Foam wool pads in all sizes as they also correct really damaged paintwork fast, and used correctly finish down nicely. Again, Rotary Power is what I use here.

For cleaning in my experience with pad cleaners, machines, nothing cleans better than Snappy Clean powder. It also rinses out way easier than anything else, virtually no foaming at all, just a citrus based cleaner of some sort that flat out does the job. It comes in little square packets that are way easier to take places than a jug of other stuff. It goes without saying that this cleaner like any other one, should be used with caution and hopefully some gloves to keep the soap from removing all the oils in your skin.

Dan F

Thread Information