Post Thanks / Like

How do you use claybar?

Ive never used it and have no idea... Please help me out. I got a detailing bit this wens and I want to make it turn out better.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy steps...

1. Go buy a clay bar
    2. If it doesn`t have lube with it then mix up some soapy water or buy some Quick Detailer
    3. Must some on the surface
    4. Glide the clay back and forth along the surface in the direction that the air goes over the car while driving.
    5. Continue in one spot till the clay stops grabbing

You`ll figure it out pretty quick. You don`t have to press hard or scrub or anything. Just lube the surface and literally `glide` the clay back and forth across the surface. You`ll be able to tell when it is time to move on to a new area. It will take you a good hour or so to clay a normal sized car, so don`t be worried that it is taking awhile. It takes time.

Clay Magic is available at AutoZone usually and it comes with a bottle of clay lube. That would be a good choice. I believe the Mother`s kit comes with clay lube too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Mother`s and really like it a lot. You can also find it at Pep Boys, which I where I got mine. It was 16.00 and came with the quick detailer.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have used Mother`s. I used plenty of spray. I`ve only clayed twice so I`m far from an expert. Waiting on the weather and time to do a full detail on my car. Rick
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    ill have to give it a try somtime soon.. I don`t know how much improvments it will make here are some pics of my car

Also I was wondering how I can remove a stain that has graved my polished rims.. I had degreaser on them and it stained... any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those rims clear coated? if not then get some good aluminum polish. Be prepared for some elbow grease, that should take the stains out. If they are clear coated then use some PB Pro-Polish you are trying to take a bit of the clear off. I`d finish them with a sealant to protect them, it helps to cut down on brake dust, as well as makes them easier to clean

On the clay if you have never clayed the car, you will be quite surprised about the results and what is on the car that you can`t see.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I get a good aluminum polish? Im not scared of elbow grease at all.. Whats PB Pro-Polish and where can I pickup some?

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s quite the lift kit you have on the car. Ever thought about closing that wheel gap up a bit? Those look like guages on your pillar there... I take it those hood pins are functional and not just costmetic. What kinda power have you got going on under that cowl? Looks very nice. The wheel gap is interesting, but other than that I really like the car. Looks like a Thunderbird, no?

PB stands for Poorboy`s. www.poorboysworld.com is the source. You can`t buy it locally. Eagle One Never Dull is excellent stuff too. I`ve used it on my wheels before and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    ill be working on it tomorrow... gunna go pickup some clay tomorrow and see how it goes..

Thread Information