Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    IS that stable when exposed to the wind? I mean, would you feel comfortable detailing a car under that thing (it seems as if the frame is pretty lightweight).
    Hi Mike,

As others have said, on windy days, the counterwieghts for the legs work well. Mine came with stakes, so sometimes I`ll tie down with stakes and rope.

Fighting the sun`s also a bear.

One thing I like about the canopy is that it seems to add legitimacy and professionalism. Some days, even if I have use of the customer`s garage, I`ll still set up the canopy. 9 times out of 10, if I have the canopy set up, I`m approached by neighbors.

Last week I did a full recon on a 99 Sebring convertible (black, too!) and booked a two car deal (03 Explorer, 90 Volvo 245) for the next week for the neighbor down the street. Have a feeling it was the canopy. :cool

Onthespot, like the sign! I believe Superior Shine Joe also has a cool sign:dunno
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike R.
    "Get That Great New Car Feeling"

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the input Stainbuster
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    How does working under the tent compare to working in a garage or in the shade? Light wise that is. Does color of the tent affect this?

How tall are the tents? Can the tents be lifted or placed on blocks for added height and still be stable?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now Pepboys has a 10 x 10 canopy for $79.99 and I think a 12 x 12 for 99.99

Eric

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Portables are on sale now at Sports Authority now as well

click here for a thread with info
    Joe
    TruckTechniques.com in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1
    How does working under the tent compare to working in a garage or in the shade? Light wise that is. Does color of the tent affect this?

How tall are the tents? Can the tents be lifted or placed on blocks for added height and still be stable?

Eric

Well nothing will compare to working in a controlled enviroment like a garage (at least thats my opinion) However They do as a substantial abmount of shade. Some of them you can even purchase side shades which is great so that you can block the sun where ever it is.

How tall are the tents ... I beleive at the eve of the tent they are approx 10 feet. There is not a problem with using something to raise the tent a few feet to fit any extra large vehicals in there. I personally have done this and actually have a method which works great. Go to local lumber supply pick up a 4x4 cut it to however much taller you want your tent You make 4 sections. I hallowed out one end of the 4x4 approx 3-4 inches so that the pole sinks into the 4x4. And when I need to use these all i do is take my cordless drill and crew the pole into the 4x4.

By doing this ... I just added about 3-4 pounds on each leg as well helping to keep my tent stationary.

hope that helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information