Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Why IronX ? - facts and FAQ`s

Hello everyone

Since there were some questioning lately about IronX,and many new members here i thought to "refresh" all the info about the ironX concept.
    sorry in advance for my poor English .
    here are some facts and FAQ`s about ironX :

How irons powder particles appear on car surface and where ?

Iron micro powders are all over us, and ofcourse on our cars traveling in the environment , flying in the air. they adheres to the car surface.
    they can be made from your car braking, driving near other cars, big trucks , train rails, industrial zones etc.
    once they "stick" to your paint due to there sharp edges together with sunshine they start to bake into the soft car paint layer , oxidize in time and turn to "orange color spots"(rusting).

How to prevent iron dust from etching your paint ?

Well, its almost impossible to prevent the irons to stick on the surface , but it has been proven thats hydrophobic coats which has self cleaning effect can reduce the irons to adhere to surface( such as cquartz, C1, and other inorganics)

How to remove the irons from surface?

there are few option , clay bar is one of them. though claying will remove most of the irons by shaving them, there could be still some underneath the surface where it cannot reach. also clay could possibly mar your paint with micro scratches together with the irons it catches.

Another option is by oxalic acid solutions, though it could remove irons , not sure to be safe on paint depends on dilution(low pH ), and not safe to use for your personal health or environment.

the third option is by IronX , a pH neutral which strongly react only with irons dissolving it.

IronX contain a specific chemical that react strongly with irons , BUT !! and its big but, not only that!!
    this chemical is very unstable if not mixed in the right % ,its sensitive to heat as well , means it can even react with open air and change color to red/purple without any contact with irons!!

Why it changes its color ?

Ironx change its color to red/purple when coming in contact with iron particles, this is due to chemical reaction between the chemicals to iron,
    though some other products change also the color , it not necessary means its dissolving irons!, there are very cheap chemicals that change there character with air contact.

Why the bottle is transparent?

we use transparent bottles so the customers can see if color of liquid has reacted, with the metal spring inside the sprayer or even in the open air contact,.
    once the color changed it loosing its strength of iron dissolving. though with ironx its still very strong even if it will become a pink color.

why we use now special full plastic spray heads?

we faced in the past complains about the changing color inside the bottle. this was due to the metal spring inside the spray head which most triggers use , even the so called chemical resistant types.(these spring are mostly made in China and has rust on them from the beginning)
    thats why we started lately to use only plastic spring inside the triggers, this way no more possible to react with any irons until used :

the new triggers are marked with small stickers on them, to define from old ones.

Will ironx stain chrome wheels or chrome trims?

No , its completely safe to use on any chrome wheels, trims, bare aluminum wheels . only one condition, do not let it dry under sun light

Will ironX discolor wheel weights ?

Yes it will, wheel weights are made from Lead, ironx will change the lead color to green, light agitation on them will recover there color back.

Will ironx affect brake calipers ?

for most of high end calipers it will not affect, we heard from our customers in the past that low quality acrylic painted calipers , the ironx can affect there color paint, thats why we advise to be more careful not to spray on them.

will ironx remove wax from car paint?

yes, if its highly organic oil contain , it will affect the wax properties.if its synthetic oil sealant , it wont affect it, on cquartz or other inorganic coats it wont affect at all, and even very recommended to use.

Does ironX remove tar spots as well?
    No, ironx react only with iron particles .

Is ironX safe to use on 3M films venture-shields?
    Yes, no problem at all using it on clear bra`s and others.

Why does it smell so bad?

This is the nature of the chemical used, cannot avoid it, if it doesnt smell so hard it means very low effect on irons ( or low concentration formula)
    we do advise to use face mask and latex gloves while using ironX.

Why ironX has low to medium viscosity?

the viscosity is the struggle between best impact with irons and best/safest way to easy remove it from surface.. too thick will not react well with iron particles due to the thickeners additives, too thin viscosity will make short time reaction leaving yet some irons on behind .
    with ironx we try to find the best level to win the best target.

Can i leave ironx to dry on surface ?

Yes , you can leave ironx on surface to dry, but not under direct sunshine! . though i dont suggest leave to dry any chemical composition.

how can i remove irons in more economic way?

there are few ways.
    buy in bigger size containers if you know you going to use it more in future,buy the eco refill packs , these save the cost for the plastic bottle and trigers +its weight for delivery,.
    first thing is, you dont need to "soak spraying" your car and wheels with ironx, light spraying and agitating will do the job as well.
    ironx is enough powerful to handle with few spritz on the surface.

another option , is by using HVLP(high volume low pressure) gun , together with air pressure you can save much of liquid and well spray the surface

use ironX soapgel , using it neat on car surface or wheels will be very powerful iron remover as well, with very low consumption. need to agitate on surface though. and leave to react on surface.

Why ironx is relatively expensive?

there are few reasons for that, we use the strongest concentration formula for ironx, and the chemicals are not cheap for that, other reasons are distributing cost , though.. i understand well the market need for cheaper cost due to more daily used jobs.
    this is why im strongly working on lowering the cost together with the chemical suppliers and distributor channels.
    i hope we will find the right solution soon to lower the prices for customers service.

any remarks or questions are welcome, any customer who wants to add his info from his experience with ironx is welcome to do that.

Thank you for reading,:thumb:
    Avi

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why IronX ? - facts and FAQ`s

Avi, thank you so much for this post. I hope it helps clear up any questions that anybody had about this amazing product!

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great information Avi. Thanks for taking the time...

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have Iron X with the metal spring sprayer head, is there are source where can get the new kind with the plastic spring?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    For those who have Iron X with the metal spring sprayer head, is there are source where can get the new kind with the plastic spring?
    Im not sure where you can get such full plastic triggers, very soon AG will stock these too. Eshine carcare has these in stock i think , in Canada.
    as i wrote above , not always the metal spring react or has rust on it. so should be fine ,
    but even if it does , its still very powerful and will perform well..
    the full plastic head trigger is to improve the product to be 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Im not sure where you can get such full plastic triggers, very soon AG will stock these too. Eshine carcare has these in stock i think , in Canada.
    as i wrote above , not always the metal spring react or has rust on it. so should be fine ,
    but even if it does , its still very powerful and will perform well..
    the full plastic head trigger is to improve the product to be 100%.
    Okay, thanks Avi. I have the product to be used very occasionally so I`m thinking when not in use, simply put a cap on the bottle and store the sprayer head after rinsing it with water after using it with the Iron X.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks avi for the write up...cant wait to use iron x as it makes me feel my paint would be completely decontaminated. my question... how does it remove iron particles from paint that has been sealed with a nano polish such as opti coat. will i have to re-apply afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thanks avi for the write up...cant wait to use iron x as it makes me feel my paint would be completely decontaminated. my question... how does it remove iron particles from paint that has been sealed with a nano polish such as opti coat. will i have to re-apply afterwards.
    I think the nano polish or any nano coat you use will not cover completely the irons particles, they will be bigger size compare to the nano layer thickness.(mostly 0.5micron)
    ironx will not affect your nano coat if its inorganic base coating.. , so no need to re-apply after.anyway you can see how it react with water beading and see yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info Avi. Thanks for putting that together.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Mine has turned a light shade of purple in the bottle (likely from the spring), and the first time I spray it the mist is purple in color, but by the second spray everything is back to normal. I personally have not noticed any degradation in the the strength of the product (minus the first spray) so it has been a non-issue (for me).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Mine has turned a light shade of purple in the bottle (likely from the spring), and the first time I spray it the mist is purple in color, but by the second spray everything is back to normal. I personally have not noticed any degradation in the the strength of the product (minus the first spray) so it has been a non-issue (for me).

I would agree with this 100% THe first srapy out of mine this weekend was almost brown, but after that it was just like normal. Took care of some baked on brake dust in no time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Avi, an excellent FAQ that I will consult in the future as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So will this product actually remove rust that has formed in areas where the paint has been removed (ie rock chips)? Or does it only remove iron that has not already oxidized?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nadroj View Post
    So will this product actually remove rust that has formed in areas where the paint has been removed (ie rock chips)? Or does it only remove iron that has not already oxidized?
    it will melt these rust spots if you have
    but you will need to seal them after .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    it will melt these rust spots if you have
    but you will need to seal them after .
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to add it to my order. Would the spray version work for this or should I purchase the paste? (the rust spots are a little smaller than a pea and are located in the driver side door)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information