Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks HiSurfTension Yes, I asked a number of questions before hand, read an article for like the third time. I figured the smartest thing for me was to ask questions!

Thanks Ron Actually I did switch over to the red pad from the yellow. But I posted a couple pics and asked if I should first. I got fast and great responses and was able to go quickly back to the task at hand - which I was in the middle of.

Thanks motorCITY And actually, they were in fact watching wheel of fortune!! I actually walked over and asked them to turn the volume up!! LOL

zesty-man - thank you Well, my daughter is only 8 and a half, but she often askes to help me. I let her scrub the tires and this time she helped clean the leather. There is very little I will let her do until I can get her to understand the why as well as the how. But she is learning. My wife always helps me do the cars I do for some of the folk here at work.

As for the pc or by hand, I did apply the sealant by hand, but I much prefer swirl removal or polishing using the pc. But after Saturday and then Sunday morning working the pc as long as I did, I was sore in muscles I didn`t know I still had at my age! lol As for dying half-way through - once I get started I don`t like to quit until I`m done.

Thank you ranch4x4!

I think one of the neetest things in all of this is really, and I`ve said this already but want to say it again, so many here on DC have been such a tremendous help to me. I really couldn`t have done this without them. And some over on showcargarage.com too. Then you add in the pc and the right products - great products that allow even a novice/first-time pc user like myself to accomplish something more than I thought I possible could - and, well, this is a good thing going on here!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    keeotee - :wow That is tremendous work! You should be very proud! I too agree to all the great assistance the DC and Showcargarage members are. I was anxious to see your feelings about using your PC for the first time. I won`t have that opportunity until this coming week. I have been reading and reading....almost like cramming all over again.

Baptism by fire...Looks like you`re on your way to being a Detailing Warrior!
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 04-20-2004 at 05:29 PM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    CrobarCars - thank you! It does feel like I`ve taken a very big step in detailing. Please be sure to post pics when you do your`s ok! I`m looking forward to them.

You know, sometimes in life you get to enjoy the journey to your destination... and this is one of those times! I`m not even there yet by any means, but that`s ok, the journey is great!

I`m really eager to do my truck and the wife`s car, but that is a good ways off yet I think as I still have at least three more people at work that I have to do first and my mother`s. And since only the weekends are available for me to tackle soomething like that...

Post Thanks / Like

keeotee

Most outstanding work !!! You should be proud !!! Black is a real pain in the @$$ to begin with, but with a SUV that size !!! WHEW !!!

GREAT WORK !!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean - thank you! Maybe I shouldn`t feel so bad about it taking me so long then.

Boss_429
    kee,

You should be proud! That is excellent work for only using a PC and by hand! In order to get paint in that condition back to 100% it would take a rotary buffer in the hands of an experienced user. Maybe that`s the next step in your journey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Boss! Wow, so many compliments from people I really respect. Thank you all very much.

When I finished it, I was disappointed because it wasn`t completely gone, but yet I knew from your post in the other thread I created Saturday and what some others also said right in line with you that it would take a rotary. But still I had such high hopes - though I knew you all were right and knew you knew what you were talking about.

But now, after the feedback from everyone, I feel a whole lot better about it.

Maybe there is a rotary in my future!! But it is quite a ways off yet. I try to know my limitations - helps to save face more often than not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information