Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job!You tackled a monster. How long did it take you to do the entire job? You`ll sleep good tonight.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Woob and rabbi. I used Poorboys pro polish on the wheels.

I clayed, then used SSR2 - really working it a lot. Then went over it again with SSR1 and finally topped it with Wolfgang`s sealant.

It took me all day yesterday and most of today. I`m not very fast. The wife and daughter did the interior. They used 4 * leater cleaner and then 4* leater conditioner. And 303 carpet cleraner on the carpet. All the products I used worked really well.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that`s certainly a huge improvement!

That was a good vehicle choice for your first time with a PC. It`s a dark color, so it should have been easy to see the work in progress. Plus it was already in bad shape, so it probably reduced your anxiety levels about using a machine polisher. How did you like using the PC? Any hints you`d like to share with PC newbies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work keeotee, that Yukon looks so much better now. Definately looks like you had quite the learning experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks awd330 and nthngd2say

I really did learn a lot from this experience. I have to admit I was feeling apprehension the night before "the big day". Honestly, with me being so new to this, I wondered how I would do with a pc in my hands. I`m confident someone with more experience and knowledge would have achieved better results, but you have to start somewhere! This was a great opportunity for me.

I would stress to others just beginning to get a pc. I just wouldn`t want to be without it now. I love it. And the truth really is... if I can do it, anyone can.

I started out with the meg`s yellow polishing pad and just didn`t think it was doing that well, so I ran inside and posted a couple pics and asked some questions and got some quick replies. So, I would definitely encourage anyone new to this to ask questions, read articles and use the right products. If it weren`t for others helping me out, I couldn`t have gotten the results I did get.

The one question I kept forgetting to ask was how slowly or quickly to move the pc while working the pattern using the swirl removal. So that one I had to guess on.

But the really neet thing is: I`ve gone from being a wash and wax guy doing the best he could cloaked in naiveté to someone with a lot of products and a pc and actually doing far more than ever before. Sites like Detail City, Show Car Garage and others with such great people have made this possible!! Now that`s really the coolest thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Keeotee - Great job - it`s been my experience that there are just some scratches the PC cannot get out - you got rid of swirls and that says a lot! I have experimented with the speed at which a go across the surface and find that a nice slow steady pace is best - over all it should (for something corrective like this) take about 3-4 min per panel. If you follow the pattern of left to right, up to down, diag to diag then it will take about that long till the product is broken down. You could have gone to the red pad, but starting out with the yellow is always best - I don`t normally bust out the red unless I know I am working with a bad finish.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    keeotee,
    WOW ... you did a great job on that monster.
    The before pics in the earlier thread were really ugly looking.
    You had many things to overcome on that job ... size being one of them ... and black being another.
    I am sure you slept well after you finished ... Aren`t the 4* leather products great ... and oh that leather smell!!!
    Keep up the great work!!!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Groebuck said it best the PC won`t fix all of it but you did a great job on that. Great picture taking by the way you really made those spiderwebs and swirls stick right out..

Keep it up!!!!

Jay:beer
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks groebuck. I did spend quite a bit of time on each section and work that pattern, but from what you`ve said, I think i could have gone a little more slowly than I did.

GraniteState - thank you.

Thanks kimwallace. And yes, the 4 * leather products did a super job. The leather was really quite dirty and this cleaned it up very nicely.

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments. Makes a guy feel really good when you are just learning and doing the best you can - to hear nice things from others that know their stuff!

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A really great improvement, Keeotee! .
    Thanks also for bringing up the question of the "pace" of running the pc through the pattern. I am still spending to little time, so I need to go back. But I agree with you, DC is a great place to ask ignorant questions and get great help.

Nice job...now I`ve got to go spend some quality time with my black beast (I`m not as brave as you to use the PC on someone else`s monster yet).
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Keeotee, as someone said you may wish to add a red Meguair`s pad to you collection. I find the red pad to be a great asset when using my PC. Again looking good!
    Ron - always trying to improve and perfect my trade

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    keeotee -- looks great.

I really like the right back door after SSR2 - I can see the house across the street is watching wheel of fortune through the window.

(nah . . .but made ya scroll back up and look!) Very nice work.
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, i wish i had a wife and daughter to do the interior for me... anyways, really great job. jw, do you find it more tiresome to go with the PC or to do it by hand (out of curiosity). i couldnt imagine doing such a large SUV, i would probably die half way through. great job! again, out of curiosity, does your wife and daughter enjoy detaling too?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by motorCITY
    (nah . . .but made ya scroll back up and look!)
    :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, looks new!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information