Post Thanks / Like

A brother`s recommendation

Hi all. I`m new to DetailCity. This is my first official post, and I hope I`m posting this question in the right place.

DetailCity has been a great resource for me on what products to buy and how to use them correctly. Thank you to all for your helpful tips and advice.

My question: What wax or sealant should I recommend to my sister for her 5 year old black Camary.

My sister isn`t one to spend hours detailing her car (unlike me). She may wax her car once every 4 months, and that may be generous. Today, I tried to remove baked in water spots, scratches, bird dropping marks and parking lot paint scuffs with a DACP and a PC. Using DACP with a yellow pad wasn`t aggressive enough to get everything out, but it got out the light stuff. I was running out of time so I topped the car with Poorboys PwC. Sorry, forgot my camera so I didn`t get any pics.

I intend to try again at removing the blemishes with something more aggressive, but I would like to give my sister a recommendation on what wax or sealant to apply when she cleans her car. My sister needs something easy on, easy off. If not, she isn`t going to use it. I thought about Klasse but I think the car needs carnuba to darken the paint, rather than a pure sealant that would only highlight the scratches and blemishes.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    If she doesnt mind ordering from the internet, I think she needs PwC. Since she wont "wax" much, stick with the cleaner/wax catagory. If she would like to buy something locally, try NXT. Then again, if your sister is anything like my family, detailing their cars wont do much good since mine havent washed their`s in over a couple months. :bigscream

Any corrections or comments?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking either NXT might be the way for her to go.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you`re going to have much success with a PC removing paint blemishes that are etched into the clearcoat. A PC is an excellent tool for polishing, but it`s limited in correcting paint problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recommendations. I have both PwC and NXT so I can give her samples of both for her to try.

Thanks also for the advice on the PC. Unfortunately, I only have a PC available to me now, so I will keep trying with the PC. So when is Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d would think for someone like her the PB P-w-C and his EX would be a great combo for those that are not going to spend all day cleaning the car.

The once a year she can have you go over it with a fine tooth comb to really get it cleaned up
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not try some PB SSR3? It is more aggressive than DACP.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Ranney,

I was considering SSR3, but have heard that it is just a little more aggressive than DACP. May get SSR3 just to see if it works. Can`t hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....and for only $12, it really ain`t bad at all
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A brother`s recommendation

Originally posted by ben54
    I intend to try again at removing the blemishes with something more aggressive, but I would like to give my sister a recommendation on what wax or sealant to apply when she cleans her car. My sister needs something easy on, easy off. If not, she isn`t going to use it. I thought about Klasse but I think the car needs carnuba to darken the paint, rather than a pure sealant that would only highlight the scratches and blemishes.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    I gave a bottle of PwC to my 73 year old mother. She likes to have a clean and shiny car, but she can`t use anything that`s physically demanding or complicated. PwC fits the bill perfectly.

Thread Information