Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What products do you regret buying?

I saw a thread like this on another forum and was just wandering, what products do you regret buying, and why?

Griot`s Polishes - They work good, but they take forever to remove defects.
    Simple Green - Flatout the worst APC I have ever used. I have since switched to Meg`s APC and OPC and have absolutely no regrets on price difference.
    Meg`s Ultimate Wash and Wax - Leaves a film on glass and trim that takes forever to get off.
    Autoglym`s Body Wash - One of the worst shampoos I have ever used especially for the price.
    Griot`s Foaming Sprayer - Bought it locally and it works great, but the Gilmour Foammaster is way better and can be bought for $30 more. I don`t like the adjustments on the Griot`s.
    NXT 2.0 - The looks from this are amazing, but the durability is pure crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products do you regret buying?

Black Magic Wet Shine- A royal pain to wipe off. Looked good and lasted OK but was a pain to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

dodo car shampoo. forget name but its purple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    dodo car shampoo. forget name but its purple.
    Born to Be Mild?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
    Griot`s Foaming Sprayer - Bought it locally and it works great, but the Gilmour Foammaster is way better and can be bought for $30 more. I don`t like the adjustments on the Griot`s.
    For $30, the Griot`s is a cheap way to foam. It does not have the adjustment capability but if you just use one type of soap it should be a non-issue. I consider it a bargain with some limitations. It does have an all plastic construction.

You can get the same unit at Tractor Supply and other places since the foamer is sold as an animal (horses) washer as well.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing Roll Off is okay, but not close to amazing. Got it locally some time ago.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Wookies Fist. Its nice and works well but it soaks up most of the water in the bucket. Maybe if it was a little bit smaller I would like it better. I still use it regardless.

Wheel wax- I just didn`t care for it too much. I fouls that the sealants I used on the paint worked just as well and I didn`t need to spend extra for another product.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. I wasn`t very fond of the look and the durability is horrible.
    Pinnacle Shampoo is another. While not a bad shampoo, it is just insanely priced.
    Iron-X...the smell just about made me vomit.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Wheel Sealant-the jar reminded me of a goupy mess. I found that I got better results with a regular sealant or something like 476.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

...NXT 2.0 - The looks from this are amazing, but the durability is pure crap.
    Depends on what you consider poor performance. 30 days is not out of the question and the look on certain paints makes it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Amazing Roll Off is okay, but not close to amazing. Got it locally some time ago.
    Right there with you on this one. Mucho, mucho hoopla and hype. Fell miserably short of expectations. To be clear, it didn`t NOT work, just not as well as some products that are far more economical to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. I wasn`t very fond of the look and the durability is horrible.
    Just shows to go ya, different strokes for different folks. Really like the looks and the logevity factor didn`t disappoint either.

There are a number of products I probably wouldn`t buy again for one reason or another but none that I will say that I used once and tossed. There have been several products that received A LOT of forum hype that did not perform as "advertised". One such product that flat out never worked for me was 303 Aerospace Cleaner. My assessment must not be too far off as I noticed a while back that it is no longer included in the 303 product family (at least not labeled as such).
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! It is anything BUT amazing. As Mr. Clean said there are many other products that out perform and are much more econmical.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s Foaming Sprayer - Bought it locally and it works great, but the Gilmour Foammaster is way better and can be bought for $30 more.
    I found foaming useless to me unless I was pretreating serious winter grit and crud. Peddled the Foamaster. I could see if you were using a pressure washer foamer on a seriously cruddy vehicle. When I see a nearly clean vehicle in a writeup covered in thick foam prior to washing I ask myself.. why? Prevent minor marring? You`re about to polish out defects anyway!!!

I use diluted Bleche White on electrostatic furnace filter cells every couple of months. ARO has an amazingly similar smell, look and feel. It isn`t as cheap as Westley`s and doesn`t work as well on RWLs or whitewells, IMO.

Got a freebie sampler with an AG purchase. No idea what the hoopla is about. DGAW or even UQW puts it to shame.

Iron-X...the smell just about made me vomit.
    Was thinking about picking some up but all reports are the same on the stench. What`s the other Iron-remover? Thinking about giving the DD a shot before it gets Opti Coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Poorboys Wheel Sealant-the jar reminded me of a goupy mess. I found that I got better results with a regular sealant or something like 476.
    Ain`t that the truth? PB`s, Wheel Wax... whatever.... I see no reason for a dedicated wheel LSP when almost anything Collinite you use lasts longer and sheds grime better.

Folks that want to try products ought to follow me around.... I peddle a lot of stuff via MOL`s For Sale section cheap. The price of trial and error.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum spray polish- leave mirco marring
    Prima final polish - also leave mirco marring
    Chemical guys V7 - doesn`t play nice with powerlock, BFWD, or other sealants. smears

these are just my experiences, but your results may vary...

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino Z5. After using it and using it, I don`t think it lasts as well as Z2 Pro and doesn`t look as good to me as BFWD.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Trim Restorer: looks and feels like mineral oil. Comes off in rain and maintenance washing.
    Best Regards,
    Scott
    ScottBergerPhotography

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information