Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products do you regret buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Amazing Roll Off is okay, but not close to amazing. Got it locally some time ago.
    I thought I was the only one who was not wow`ed by it.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    ...Folks that want to try products ought to follow me around.... I peddle a lot of stuff via MOL`s For Sale section cheap. The price of trial and error.
    hahahaha. Yep, you`re the man when it comes to that for sure; I think you have the most posts in that forum from what I`ve seen. I guess that`s the downside of being curious.
    I`ve learned blood is not thicker than money.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing Roll Off may be good for boats and vinyl, but has no place in my auto detailing hobby. It`s a total disappointment when compared to LA`s Totally Awesome at a $1.49 a quart here. All that vendor hype is misleading. Besides, it leaves a waxy residue on tires which may affect the bonding of tire dressings.

Opti-Mitt was useless for me. I like soap and water to remain "in" the mitt while washing. I switched to a Mr. Wash mitt that holds massive amounts of soap and water. I did get a refund.

Anything foam gun related. I keep my cars clean so I don`t need to "play" and waste products before maintenance washes.

Wheel sealants. After realizing that wheels do not get hot during normal highway driving, (right Todd?) I apply Collinite, a sealant or a detail spray on wheels. A weekly wash keeps them looking new.

Tire dressings. Too many to mention. I`m currently happy with Nero`s satin finish and durability. I`m not interested in long term tire dressing since I wash and dress during the weekly wash.

Soft Scrub sponge. I won`t use it on my black cars until Todd does a video of him using it on a black Lambo or any other classic car. It`s great on glass and chrome!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Amazing Roll Off may be good for boats and vinyl, but has no place in my auto detailing hobby. It`s a total disappointment when compared to LA`s Totally Awesome at a $1.49 a quart here. ...
    ]
    Interesting statement, that. It was a marine supply storefront from which I purchased my bottle.

Lucky me, I pick up my quarts of the Awesome APC for only a buck per quart. AM`s Triple 7s APC is also an admirable performer and frugal cost per use ratio.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll probably get flamed for this one but Zaino Z2 and Z5. They simply don`t work well for me. I gave away my first kit after several attempts and even ordered a second kit giving it another shot a year or so later....now it just collects dust. I do like the ZAIO, Z6 and Z8 FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is like the hall of shame. I bet vendors are cringing to see their products listed here. I guess I will throw a log on the fire.

Poli-Seal. Durability not up to others I have used. However, nothing I have used was easier. It almost disappears while polishing. Maybe if I used as a cleaner and prep instead of an LSP I would have been happier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Wow this is like the hall of shame. I bet vendors are cringing to see their products listed here. I guess I will throw a log on the fire.

Poli-Seal. Durability not up to others I have used. However, nothing I have used was easier. It almost disappears while polishing. Maybe if I used as a cleaner and prep instead of an LSP I would have been happier.
    How long did Poli-seal bead up for you ?Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

the products i regret buying was....

Turtle Wax...

i was promised a look that not even paul dalton`s Swissvax wax could deliver.. and it didnt..... seriously a bummer...
    Turtle Wax FTW!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, BTBM and ARO on the list...two of my favorite products to date, I must be slow.

If I have to pick one, it would be Mothers All Wheel and Tire Cleaner. Even using sweeping motions to apply; not very cost effective and very weak cleaning power; and IME, not near the cleaning power of ARO. Maybe the Mothers AWTC is activated by water just like ARO, therefor I`m just using it wrong???
    2003 2.2L Chevy S10
    1986 2.9L Ford Bronco II POS Edition.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t liked anything I have tried from Zaino

Souveran is a joke. Yeah it looks OK, but it lasts a couple weeks at most. Not worth the price at all IMO when you have something like BFMS out there that looks amazing and lasts for several months.

Werkstat Soap was pretty bad. Suds last only until you put your wash media in the bucket.

Car Pro PERL, might be the worst dressing I have ever used. Sure it looked great when I applied it, and it isn`t too expensive, but after one rain it was a runny mess all over the paint of my car.

Optimum Metal Polish. It`s not a bad product, but I just prefer Collinite Metal Wax, so I shouldn`t have tried to fix something that wasn`t broken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    How long did Poli-seal bead up for you ?Thanks
    few weeks, maybe a month

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to add 303 Aerospace. Not a bad product by any means, but there are way better ones out there IMO. (UIGP for one)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post

Turtle Wax...

i was promised a look that not even paul dalton`s Swissvax wax could deliver.. and it didnt..... seriously a bummer...
    I agree, and that turtle wax "ice" crap, didn`t do jack for my car. I guess alot of people who start off washing their own cars make the mistake of buying turtle wax products, which they claim `Turtle wax` is the #1 most bought wax in america
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post

Turtle Wax...

That was a joke, right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Body Solvent.....

I couldn`t give away my gallon of it..
    Takes WAAAAYYYY too long to work. I was told to spray on, let dwell for 10 minutes, wipe, and repeat. Repeat several times and still no good. I switched BACK to CarBrite All Sol.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information