Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the cleanliness of the tires has something to do with it also ...
    One of my favorite products for cleaning tires is still Westley`s Bleche White.
    I understand it can be hard on some wheels and I am carefull how I use it.
    I have tried Simple Green, Meg`s APC and many other cleaners but always come back to Bleche White cause I melts away all the brown stuff and leaves the tires ready for a good application of dressing.
    Once again ... Just my opinion.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    I think the cleanliness of the tires has something to do with it also ...
    One of my favorite products for cleaning tires is still Westley`s Bleche White.
    I understand it can be hard on some wheels and I am carefull how I use it.
    I have tried Simple Green, Meg`s APC and many other cleaners but always come back to Bleche White cause I melts away all the brown stuff and leaves the tires ready for a good application of dressing.
    Once again ... Just my opinion.
    Id have to agree with that also.In my case i always scrub my tires down with each wash and I just wait till the previous dressing applied expires.Makes clean up for me easy and I dont have to worry about whether or not i gave the tire a full scrubdown.

From what i noticed,if you dont scrub the tires down well enough and just keep adding dressing to them then it tends to build up a layer and thats when you get the browning of your tires.JMO

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D
    I have observed tire dressings looking different on different brands of tires. For instance, 303 looks fairly matte especiallly without multiple applications on my Pirellis while it looks considerably shinier on my gf`s Michelin HydroEdges. :dunno
    Good point. I agree. You think this has something to do with the compound on the sidewalls being different from maker to maker?
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that makes sense to me, I`m also betting this may even vary from model to model of tire of specific brands as well
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Meg`s stuff does not turn tires brown. You have to properly clean a tire before you can dress it. That is the whole reason why it slings it because the tire wasn`t properly cleaned or you applied too much. In most cases, I clean a tire twice. Most of the car I get are neglected daily drivers, and one cleaning won`t do it. I have found the degreasers with alkaline content work the best. But like kimwallace said, you must watch where you spray it near clear coated and polished wheels. If you don`t have a wheel cover, I would highly suggest to get one if you detail alot. That way you can use the product/chemical you like and not worry about over spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always cleaned my tires thoroughly before applying dressings. In the case of the Megs Endurance, it never caused slinging, just washed off and in many instances the tires were more brown than I expected. Hopefully the formula has changed since. I`ve found most aerosol type dressings to sling.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s High Endurance worked great for me, but the pd`s scare me a bit since everyone seems to have differing answers. If you`re concerned, stick with a water-based product like pb`s bnb or 303. I use BnB and sleep much better at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EP3
    Meg`s High Endurance worked great for me, but the pd`s scare me a bit since everyone seems to have differing answers. If you`re concerned, stick with a water-based product like pb`s bnb or 303. I use BnB and sleep much better at night.
    I also switched from Endurance High Gloss to Bold n Bright. Endurance is a very durable dressing, but it appeared to be a dirt magnet. Maybe this was because it never seemed to fully dry (yes, I buffed with a towel). With Bold n Bright, I have to apply more frequently. However, BnB is less messy to apply (my applicators rinse clean), doesn`t build up, and doesn`t attract dirt. That`s a fair trade in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rtbrick
    No votes for the Stoner`s MSLT? I like it, but don`t know enough about the PD`s and long term use. Anybody?
    I used Stoners MSLT for a couple of years prior to coming to DC but was always unhappy with the overspray.

After trying Bold N Bright I found that it gives a better surface and that wiping it on is not as much hassle as I thought it would be.

I have no idea about the chemicals, browning, what might cause browning etc. All I know is what I like and I like BnB a lot. Great deep black finish.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information