Post Thanks / Like

Need some new products

As you can tell by looking at my post count I am a newbie here. I need to pick up some new wax/cleaning products and I am not sure what to go with.

In the past I have used only Meguiars products and have been more than satisfied with the results. A lot of friends have been hoping on the Zaino band wagon and although I like the looks of their results I am not sure I want to go foward with that.

I am mixed between picking up poorboys or continuing with Meguirars or even going with their new NXT gen products.

Here are some pics of my car as of now. Its my daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice GT. Experimentation with products is the norm here. Read through the threads and find out what everyone is using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car looks great!
    If you are happy with Meguiars ... I would stick with them ... they definitely have given you some nice results. On the dark color, NXT will probably give you a great look. I like that product on darker colors, I don`t care for it on lighter metalics though. I have used Meguiars for years and they are good products.
    If you could post as to what you do and don`t like about them or what specifically you are looking for that maybe Meguiars doesn`t do, then I am sure many of the great people here can add their thoughts. Once again ... Great looking car!!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like a deeper more rich shine. I also have some slight issues with swirl marks.

and also have issues when clay baring areas just behind the rear tires (when you burn a little rubber it seems to end up right on that part of the car) and it doesn`t want to come clean. Is there like a bug and tar you can recomend.

There is also 1 little ding/scratch on the drivers door ( i can`t stand people who don`t respect other peoples property) Its down to the primer.

What do you recomend as steps to fix this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id say first experiment with the NXT. I recently used it and it came out quite excellent, also it is easily got.

You cant argue with results and yours look great, but trying new products is always exciting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dings/ Scratches would need the help of a professional. You might be able to get a cheap kit and fix the problem, but its not fully fixed. You can use a simple chemical cleaner (Klasse All in One, Poorboy`s ProPolish) or actually if its alot of tire shred build up, grab a degreaser and rub it off

I would suggest Pinnacle Souveran after seeing some pics in Anthony Orosco`s threads

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes huge pics, my browser crashed while downloading the pics:wait .

Anyway the pics look good, here`s a link
    http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=3419

for some nice offers from autogeek. I`ll get the wolfgangsouveran kit next, it looks too good to pass up.

ps: I don`t work for autogeek :-p
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of products to use as you have probably noticed in the car car product review and discussion forum. If $ is not an issue to consider when choosing products then definately experiment as there are lots of products that look great on black. If cash is a consideration Meguiars is great and you could step up to some of the professional line of products if you haven`t already. Most Megs products are reasonably priced (under $20 for most and the majority are $10-15). Poorboys product line is also great and are under $20 again. You really can`t go wrong if you maintain your vehicle regularly and have a solid preperation process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I dammed near always recommend Poorboys because, without exceptions, that`s what works great for me.

I`d recommend getting some Poorboys Swirl remover, SSR2 to use on the mars in your paint, then some Pro Polish, PP...as we call it here, then some EX sealant. EX has carnuba wax in it and is great for dark colored cars.

The door dings I`ve had in my truck were low enough that my amatuer repair looks just fine. I cleaned the area with wax and grease remover.....I used PPG #440. Then I filled the chip with paint, gave it a few days to dry really well. Then I block sanded it with 1000 grit and then 1500 grit. I made a sanding block out of a 1" long piece of a stirring stick...very small so it doesn`t sand the whole dammed door! I sanded it dry but wet probably is better.

I then used the SSR2 followed by PP and EX. I used a rotarty to do the SSR2 and the PP but on an area this small you could easily do the job by hand.

The chip is now VERY hard to see....I mean you really have to look for it. :cool
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information