Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning foam pads.

I went to a body shop today to get some info on pads, as I just got a PC 7336. They were showing me different pads and polishes. Then they showed me how to clean them..they washed in a detergent water solution ,then rinsed them..

but now after thet rinsed they put pad on the buffer and then took out a 3 1/2 gallon shop vac and sucked the pad dry and then re rinsed and vaccumed again..

They said this ensures all product will be removed. The waste water was milky looking so It looks like it cleaned them.

Oh..the attachment on the end of hose was like an upolestry nozzle 3inches long..1 inch wide...

What do you think of this method..
    `
    they confused on what pads to use ..but interesting to see them wash the pads...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash mine in Dawn,, gently squeeze out the excess water....not twisting and then either put them on the machine and spin them mostly dry or just air dry them. I can`t see anything wrong with the vac idea.

Don`t be confused by the pads. Keep it simple. I use a polish pad for just dammed near everything. When I have a scratch or minor swirls I just use a more aggressive product but still use the polish pad. In that way I have eliminated one variable. I know that the pad is not aggressive so I don`t take as much of a chance on doing damage.

The polish pad with a more aggressive pad will get out anything the PC is capable of getting out and the polish pad is probably smooth enough to get the maximum shine that is humanly visible.

I doubt that even the best trained most discerning eye could tell the differnce between a panel hit with a polish pad as compared to a finish pad.

So....I just stick with the polish pad.....but I might go with the finish pad next time as I`ll then be sure that my use of PP with the polish pad has gotten out all the marks. Then I`ll do another PP with the finish pad.

I`m never done or satisfied. That`s the way it is in DETAIL CITY. :cool
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information