Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Viper micros anyone had trouble, or use them?

Got them in the Menzerna pad and polish kit from CMA. Used it to buff off the IP and it made more fine scratchs... Hadn`t been on the ground or anything, right out of the package. So does anyone have them or are they just junk? They have a waffle surface to them, and say power scrubber polishing cloth (along those lines) on the tag. CMA didnt have much to say, other than they shouldn`t scratch... Kinda pisses me off that I spent over 250 bucks with CMA and I wasn`t even offered a replacement or credit or something. Just told that they aren`t supposed to scratch....
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Navy Blue Metallic 6spd

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I don`t know anything about Viper MF`s. I also don`t know anything about CMA or their customer service.
    What I do know is that you have just made me feel even better about my using PAC for my detailing supplies.
    Heck, Dwayne might even send you one of his MF towels even though you didn`t purchase from him.
    By the way, the PAC MF`s are very nice.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent nearly 400 that day ordering stuff, had to get a few things from autogeek that CMA didn`t have. Autogeek however was excellent to deal with. CMA disappoints me. I`ll have to check out PAC. Seems to be a nice choice on this board.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not impressed with the viper cloths I got from CMA - relegated to wheel cleaning / door jam duty for me.

But I had a problem with a brush in a CMA order and it was made good immediately with a replacement shipment so my experience has differed from yours on the customer service point.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the viper power scrub MF and while I haven`t induced scratches using them, I personally do not like these MF very much. They are low pile and they really drag across the surface when removing polishes & waxes more than any of my other MF. I only use the viper MF for applying dressings now. I do have dragons breath MF from CMA though that I like very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`ll call them later and see if they will do anything. Maybe it will work.. maybe not.

I think i`ll be trying some pakshak towels pretty soon. I`ll check outh the PAC aswell.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Booger
    I think i`ll be trying some pakshak towels pretty soon.
    IMO, another excellent supplier of an excellent product.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several of the dark green Viper towels. Like Dalmore, I use them for door jambs and wheels. They are pretty durable towels, but not especially soft or plush. My favorite towels from CMA are their Big Blue Drying Towel and Magic Towel. Pricey, but very nice.

There are lots of good MF towels out there at various price points. Premium Auto Care, Poorboy`s, and PakShak each sell a variety of high quality towels at reasonable prices.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Viper Perfect Shine Buffing Cloth. They are white and are supposed to be 221,000 fibers per square inch. I have 10 of them and love them. They make removing polish and wax a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine seemed to scratch also! I was talking to someone about this the other day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several of the vipers from CMA. I have not experienced any problems with them. Did you wash them before you used them? I always wash mine regardless of where I purchase them from.

My favorite buffing towels come from Poorboys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I washed them. I was doing my black car the other day and noticed after using a polish that I had small scrathes all over, took me a little while ro realize the scratches where not there until I went over it with the Viper.

Post Thanks / Like
    booger, i found that the "scrubber" towels are good for window cleaning.

did you think that the scratches might be from using the orange power pad? or something other than a polishing pad? that could be something to think about.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    jstn, they were straight line-ish. from buffing the IP off. I used the other one they sent today with a little more 50/50 water/alky to get the IP off and it wasn`t bad. I washed them this evening and will give them another try tomorrow. the FP did take the few fine ones out today. I`ll report back and let yall know how they turn out. I really would hate to have a foul name on a product just from some mistake or something. However properautocare did not impress me with quality assurance. It would have made a huge difference if they would have offered to replace the towel or send me another. But just stating.... well they shouldn`t scratch... doesn`t send the right impression, nore get them my `blessing`, if you will....

Post Thanks / Like
    Have 6 of them 3 light green and 3 super soft buffing towels. Great Mf`s very durable very plush also even after lots of cleanings.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information