Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todd,

Where does "working time" factor in this chart as you stated?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested why D151 is actually so low on your cut scale. According to Mike Phillips it sits right above M83 DACP. Also, in my small amount of experience I would have to agree with Mike. I was able to take a moderately swirled Solara down to it`s RIDs in just one short pass with D151 and and orange Edge pad on a PC.

I actually did not try anything else, as I needed a one-step due to it being pro-bono work.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aerogt01 View Post
    I am interested why D151 is actually so low on your cut scale. According to Mike Phillips it sits right above M83 DACP. Also, in my small amount of experience I would have to agree with Mike. I was able to take a moderately swirled Solara down to it`s RIDs in just one short pass with D151 and and orange Edge pad on a PC.

I actually did not try anything else, as I needed a one-step due to it being pro-bono work.
    I think that was Mr Phillips opinion, Which eveyone is entitle too. I have notice that it`s close to what he say`s. But IMO Meguiar`s D151 leaves an great finish. Because it uses the new SMAT stuff that they call it and it also cuts and the finishes great. But the M205 will finish out better IMO. M83 has gave me many problems so I don`t use it that much anymore.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aerogt01 View Post

This article was designed to compare the cutting power of the various products. I have tested D151 against Meguiar`s M205 and have found that while D151 appeared to do more correction, this was short lived, as D151 has a lot of filling ability.

What I mean is that the waxes in D151 will hide a lot of swirl marks that where not polished out. This is a good thing as the product is designed for quick work, not perfect work, so the filling is a benefit.

So when I tested the two products side by side, I noted the same as you. The D151 looked marginally better. However, I wiped both sides several times with alcohol and found that not only did M205 look better (in terms of finish) but it also removed a noticeable number of greater defects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can Optimum be added to this chart?
    Al

Made in USA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information