Thread: The Tornado

Post Thanks / Like

The Tornado

Has anyone used the Tornado i think Autogeek is selling them now. How is it working for them. Just wondering

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tornado

I`ve never used it but I watched the video. Interesting tool.

The thing that made me cringe a little was when they used it on the center console spraying directly into the electronics. Seems a little risky to me to use it for that.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post

The thing that made me cringe a little was when they used it on the center console spraying directly into the electronics. Seems a little risky to me to use it for that.
    Hold that thought.

I don`t think I`ve read what size of air compressor you need to effectively run the thing. Have I just missed it?

Didn`t Steve (P post something about this unit a year or so back?

Post Thanks / Like

i did a search and nothing came up. also in regards to pressure i think it says 60 to 90 psi for proper performance. in regards to video, troy i too have a question when getting the electronics wet. They are selling for under 100.00 right now.

One good thing about this unit is that it does not use a lot of water other than what is in the canister. it only uses air to create a foam. this could work for those people that have a car wash ban in their area.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW When I saw title to thread. I was thinking Jared had another intresting adventure...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post

Last summer I had a E420 The interior on this thing was trashed. The gear shift/window-mirror controls area was so gummed up w/sticky(coke,coffee,candy,makeup) You could fill it when you would put car in gear.I had no choice but to get area wet,unfortunately after I was done tha car wouldn`t shift into gear. After jackin with it 4 an hour I finally got it into drive. but tha car was stuck in 1st. I called customer and limped car to M/B dealer. They fixed it.(sensor) $700. I reluctantly offered to pay.tha customer was so embarased(and rich) she said she was to blame.She said she spilled stuff there all tha time. This car was a real dog. She ended up never even picking car up from dealer. Instead she traded for new one,and has ended up becoming a very good client.

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the fence on one of these as well for interior work. I would love to hear more input from forum members about them.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

From the first time I saw a video, I thought it would be a great addition, but I`m more than a bit concerned about the size of the air compressor that would be required to run the thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill chime in on this one. This is one of the best tool I have ever bought. We use it on every single car we do. We had a 06 dodge truck ( i wish i took pics before and after) that had been smoked in. The interior color is light grey. The headliner had a brown tint due to the smike and tar. The 50/50 is amazing. Ive had mine for about a year now. I "created" my own solution to use with it. It does so well with dust in window switches and such. Ive never had a problem with the solution hurting any electrical parts. When the truck was done, I had to go back to pic it up for a rewash a week later due to the rain. Most if not all the smoke smell was gone. No b.s. Not trying to sell the product but if you want to save time and get a better result, you might consider getting one. I bought mine from the Auto Magic guy. 110 or so? Mine works well with 90 psi but we dont regulate it. HTH!

Thread Information