The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Road Rage (Big Time!)

Not quite the way you might think, though.
    The van and I had to travel on a road that had just been seal-coated. This is where they put down the road oil/tar crap, then spread a type of crushed rock on top of that mess.
    To say I am raging at that road is very much an understatement.
    It was pretty obvious after I washd the van that more work was going to be needed.
    After a pint of GM Road Oil and Tar Remover, I was ready to wash the thing again. Then it was time to use the AIO, then I could apply the UPP. Gee, only about 4 hours and I finally had my van clean again.
    This stuff not only covered the back hatch and window, (vans are notorious for that), it was streaked down the side like overspray. In three areas, their were actually globs of this stuff the size of a quarter and 1/8" thick. There can`t be any oil left on that road, it was all on the van.
    It was probably good for me since it really got my blood pumping.

End of rant, thanks for listening. I feel better and all is well with the world again.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate driving through road construction, which by the way, is continuous here in the great backward state of AL. It seems that the DOT could find a time when people are less likely to travel the roads to put the stuff down. Or at least put up a wrning sign of some sort so the people who don`t want to tar their auto can go a different route. On my drive home from work, and I am not kidding, in rush hour traffic on the Interstate they will have two three lanes blocked and be working on the road. Whatever happened to doing this at night? Good point though Charles. I guess we have to keep on going and just clean up a mess that the DOT is responsible for. Oh well...
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    The DOT is a joke. If they would build roads right in the first place, they wouldn`t need replacing all the time. I also think they sould be held liable for any damage done due to the crushed stone/tar they put down. I could go on and on about how bad the DOT is.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Boss_429
    Yep, they do that tar/crushed rocks stuff around here once in a while............... I hate it.

The only thing worse, is when the line painters paint the road at 4:00 AM in the morning, and you end up towing your boat to the lake to go fishing at 4:10 AM down that same road! :angry :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, I feel for you I hate construction too
    Except I`m doomed I live on long island. they have been working on the L.I.E. for 7 years
    and probably won`t finish for another 7. :dunno :boohoo
    I think there are roads here in the NY area that have been under construcion for over 20yrs.
    At least they finish your roads :lol

"J"

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Road Construction Sucks. Bottom line.

Anything that messes up a good detail sucks: rain,snow,hail,dirt,construction,little kids with slobber on their hands, dirty people...ok ok I`ll stop now.

Post Thanks / Like
    that stuff is chipseal . its a temporary solution to a bigger problem .. i work for the DOT in ca and everyone hates us . they should have put up warning signs .. you can probably file a claim with them if you took pictures of the damage ..
    back in buisness baby

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on my way to work last week, just washed the car getting ready for a weekend of detailing estacsy, and all was right with the world.

No puddles to avoid in the curb lane, no trucks to avoid driving behind, no one driving 14 in a 30, I was even hitting all green lights on the way to my job .... actually a nice ride.

I didn`t know that around a corner & over a hill my morning was going to change.

No "men working" signs, no "construction ahead" signs, no "if you give a damn about your car this is your last chance to avoid a mess" signs .... just the sight of men wearing orange shirts .... this is not good.

Apparently a water main broke and the guys were pumping the muddy water out onto the road, not into a storm drain 15 feet away, they pumped the krap out into the road.

Not just muddy water, there was mud .... inches of mud ... black mud .... sewer mud .... and I had to drive through it. Couldn`t back-up with traffic behind me, couldn`t drive on the sidewalk but I was tempted ala Jason Bourne, so I went slow, real slo-o-o-w.

If I had a buck for everytime I said f**k I could have skipped work that day, maybe two days.

Two blocks to my job at 6:15 AM & I`m trying to find a business open that would have a hose or some water to bucket onto my car, fat chance. Luck my boss is kool about such things & I drove about 2 miles to a wand wash & got the stuff off before it dried.

Off-roading couldn`t be worse.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

They rock and tarred a road I usually use to go to work about 3 weeks ago. I`ve been detouring around it ever since...let someone else flatten it out.

I`ll go back in a few more weeks when it`s nice and flattened!! lol
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like
    Our township just tarred and chipped the roads, I feel your pain. But I also have my neighbors dairy cows crapping on the road as they move from the barn to the fields twice a day on top of the tar & chips ... See someone always is worse off than you.

Cow $hit, tar and dust what a combination.:hungry

Thread Information