Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products you like that people generally don`t talk about?

One of my favorites, and I`d buy it in a gallon if they sold it that way, is Meguire`s ol` #36 Plastic Vynil Prep...now called Meguire`s #39 Heavy duty Vynil/Rubber cleaner. Try using this stuff on an old farmers rubber truck floor sometime. It may take a bottle or two but it is flat out amazing.

I used that stuff years ago, and ran out of it. About a month later I went to the auto paint supply store and they acted like they`d never seen it. They must have brought in some new guys at the time. About another month later, one of the older employees at the store came to my rescue and said that they`d changed the number and the name. The guy said if it wasn`t the same to bring it back. Sure enough I tried the new #39 and it performed just like the old bottle. I even kept the old empty bottle for a long, long time, just incase people thought I was nutz. I took the old bottle to NAPA a few years later, who had sold me the original bottle just to play around with them. They said they`d never seen it. I said that`s odd, I bought it here. Then I showed them the new bottle, and they`d never seen it either. I quit shopping there as a result.

It seems as though they changed the number first, then the name. I still have an old bottle of #39 Plastic Vynil Prep, but threw away the old #36Plastic Vynil Prep. Wish I would have kept it. It may have even been misprinted label as far as I know.

Number #40 is a great product as well and doesn`t get the exposure it should IHMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Folex Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner!

Great for all interior fabrics including headliner and visors!
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

3m polishes. Meg No80 is still a great product especially for SS paints that are still out there. Collinite 915. Dodo BV Pro and PH Pro. Sonus Trimant Motor Kote. Just to name a few that I like and use that never get much attention.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Folex Upholstery and Carpet Cleaner!

Great for all interior fabrics including headliner and visors!
    Try searching for Folex. That product gets discussed with considerable regularity herein.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Car Brite in my opinion is the most underestimated and under discussed product line out there. I chalk it up to it not being sold in online stores and isn`t available at the click of a mouse. I`ve used their products for years and have no intention of ever giving up some of them. Ive found that companies like Poorboy have much better products for paint correction and protection, but as for most everything else, Ill stick to Car Brite. Outstanding results, very high dilution ratios (1:14 for some), and priced very well. I realize many Detail Divas turn their nose up at them because dealerships use CB stuff, but they use it for a reason. Its economical and does the job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Would love to try some Car Brite products. Unfortunately, unless you are an established auto dealership or brick and mortar location, the Car Brite salesman for this area does not accept checks nor credit cards - CASH only. Plus you have to meet him when he is in your area at one of his other customer`s location. He will not come to you. I`m sure their products are good but their customer rapport (at least here) stinks!

Post Thanks / Like

P21S Polishing Soap (Thanks Barry!) Great for getting the last bit of crud off Exhaust tips.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus-WOWA is effortless, nothing sticks to the surface!

Ultima Interor Guard Plus-Makes Cleaning Jean Transfer easy on my wifes Tan Leather intrior. Re-apply Yearly

Ultima Interior Shampoo-What I used to clean the Jean Transfer. Use every month or when she get new Jeans .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Glass Science Products. Clear is my favorite windshield treatment.

Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash. IMO one of the best OTC washes.

Would agree with both of these as well. Glass Science is great stuff. Ice Car Wash very slick and smells great (IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

I think people tend to overlook Werkstat products. Prime Strong and AJT are two of my favorite products!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordon View Post
    Would love to try some Car Brite products. Unfortunately, unless you are an established auto dealership or brick and mortar location, the Car Brite salesman for this area does not accept checks nor credit cards - CASH only. Plus you have to meet him when he is in your area at one of his other customer`s location. He will not come to you. I`m sure their products are good but their customer rapport (at least here) stinks!
    Car Brite distributors, as well as most any other companies like them such as Auto Magic and Pro are independently owned and operated. If I buy in Illinois where I live, I have to buy from one guy and if I buy in Missouri where I work I have to buy from another. Both of them are really nice guys but they have different prices and regulations. I`ve never had a problem meeting them somewhere if needed because of how far out in the country I live, but I know they do stop by a few guys homes here. The cash thing stands true for most of these companies though. If you have a tax id number they would most likely set up a small account but that too would depend on the distributor. They really do have great products. Its worth a little extra effort to get them imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

the gold ccs euro applicators from PAC. they help spread 845 really fast by hand. i havent tried the red applicator, but i like the white foam on the gold cause it gives it structure/stiffness.

todd, any chance AG or PBMG will carry this???

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Malco Plum Crazy on my Black Raven STS-V. Here is a description from their website:

Malco Plum Crazy is a premium, silicone-free hand glaze formulated to produce dazzling, high-gloss shines on automotive finishes - especially clear coat - following polishing. This versatile formula can be used by hand or machine; it removes minor scratches and swirl marks.

Anyone else use it?
    2006 Black Raven Cadillac STS-V
    4.4L Northstar Supercharged V8
    459RWHP@5888rpm w/2.4 pulley
    451lbft@4696rpm

Here are my Cars:My Garage
    Here are my Videos:My Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread guys, thanks for the feed-back and keep it coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Wet Glaze 2.0. Insane shine, wetness, and slick as polished glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Leather Master`s Leather Vital - It`s the only conditioner I`ve found that isn`t greasy or shiney. It seems to absorb and dry into the leather, leaving it with no sheen whatsoever.

Optimum Opti-Bond - Leaves a nice black, matte finish. I don`t like shiney tires so this stuff is great, IMO.

Griot`s Garage 1-Step Sealant - Another pro detailer buddy of mine got me on to this product. I`ve used it a handful of times and it has quickly become my favorite AIO.
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7 View Post
    Leather Master`s Leather Vital - It`s the only conditioner I`ve found that isn`t greasy or shiney. It seems to absorb and dry into the leather, leaving it with no sheen whatsoever.

Optimum Opti-Bond - Leaves a nice black, matte finish. I don`t like shiney tires so this stuff is great, IMO.

Griot`s Garage 1-Step Sealant - Another pro detailer buddy of mine got me on to this product. I`ve used it a handful of times and it has quickly become my favorite AIO.
    Mike how have you been my friend?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information