Thread: Megs D151

Post Thanks / Like

Megs D151

Hello, just very curious to know if this Megs D151 can really walk the walk...

I`ve read on several other forums that this is the"Go To" AIO for many detailers out there. Just wanting some more input from those of you who actually use this product.

Thanks in advance for any/all comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs D151

I love it! I use it on one steps a fair amount. Finishes out great for me with a orange pad usually with the pc7424xp. Very similar in cut to M205. You can top it with a wax of your choice or leave it if you choose. Great product and would reccomend to anyone!
    Quality is not an option, It is standard.
    2005 Mustang gt - Not stock
    2000 Fat bottom 7.3 powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I intend to use it the same way. I`ve finally run out of my previous one step which did okay, just wasn`t capable of producing a sufficient cut. My package should be here Monday and I`ve got 3 vehicles in the books for Wednesday. I guess Tuesday I`ll learning all I can about this product.

Post Thanks / Like

You will like it. Pad also determines the cut aswell. You can use a polishing for just a cleanup type deal, or use a compounding pad to remove some defects and swirl marks. So far I`ve done 5 vehicles with it and haven`t put a dent in my gallon of 151.
    Quality is not an option, It is standard.
    2005 Mustang gt - Not stock
    2000 Fat bottom 7.3 powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Its a very versatile AIO. Its a must have if you do alot of DD`s.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

D151 is a fantastic one-stepper. Lately I`ve found myself using XMT-360, the smell of it reminds me of those "screwballs" that you could get out of the neighborhood ice cream trucks.

Optimum Poli-Seal is another great AIO product that offer really nice correction + protection.

I think you could use any of those 3 and get fantastic results when used properly.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

D151 is a great one stepper but just like with al AIO I still find myself using a sealant to top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    D151 is a great one stepper but just like with al AIO I still find myself using a sealant to top.

Same here. If I`m not needing any cut and go with Klasse AIO, I`ll top it with something like Signature Series II or Collinite #845. The added durability definitely helps out.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    Optimum Poli-Seal is another great AIO product that offer really nice correction + protection.
    I use this one myself. We spoke with Dr. G on Sunday at DF regarding a version of Poli-seal with more cut. His reply - mix some more aggressive Optimum polish in with it. He said you could even mix in some Opti-Seal to make it protect longer.

Maybe some mad scientist stuff coming up soon - a AIO headlight cleaner and sealer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I use this one myself. We spoke with Dr. G on Sunday at DF regarding a version of Poli-seal with more cut. His reply - mix some more aggressive Optimum polish in with it. He said you could even mix in some Opti-Seal to make it protect longer.

Maybe some mad scientist stuff coming up soon - a AIO headlight cleaner and sealer!

Nice! I think I`m going to give that a try one of these days (time permitting).

Mix Opti-Seal, and Polish with Poli-Seal and you have Super Poli-Seal!! (got me thinking now....)
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

The lack of cut is the only thing I don`t like with the Poli seal. Its a great product otherwise. I feel it offers greater protection vs d151. D151 is a solid product that I use a lot. Its great for cleaning up and I like to use it after a semi aggressive polish to remove minor swirls. It removes the swirls and waxes in one step. I do find that when I use D151 I use a fair amount of product. It should be in everyones supply.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs`s D151 utilizes SMAT abrasives so they don`t really break down, at least not in the way as a diminishing abrasive like those found in M80, M83, M85 do. While SMAT encompasses an entire new family of abrasives their behavior is similar even though the initial intent and final results vary - think of Meg`s M105 vs M205; both use the same type of SMAT but obviously in different ways and for different reasons. So it can be used with a rotary and wool pad for heavy cutting or down to a finishing pad and rotary or D/A for final polishing. In fact, it was designed specifically to be used in this manner IMO. Remember Meg`s M86 was developed for use on fresh paint, Meg`s D151 is designed more for factory cured paint. ( Very Important ) That does not mean, however, that you can never use them the other way around. My answer is no, just try to experiment and see the results you get. I would think it`s a great AIO to use and no you don`t have to top it with a LSP. But if you do then go ahead with wax. I hope I got this right................
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used Poli-seal a few times now and impressed each time !

I like it better then Klasse AIO but wish it lasted a little longer and smelled nicer!

Sorry I havent tried Megs 151 .

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To clean and protect use Poliseal as is...for added cut when needed mix 70% Poliseal with 30% Polish II and you will love it. That way you can only be as aggressive as you need to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    To clean and protect use Poliseal as is...for added cut when needed mix 70% Poliseal with 30% Polish II and you will love it. That way you can only be as aggressive as you need to be.
    That`s a pretty awesome tip. I would have never thought that would be ok to do. Thanks for the tip.

Thread Information