Post Thanks / Like

How to Clean and Polish Exhaust Tips - Exterior Car Detail Parts 8 and 9

The next part after cleaning your wheels and tires is to clean your exhaust tips and polish them if needed. So these are the subjects of the next two videos!

Hope you enjoy

Cleaning Exhaust Tips:

Polishing Exhaust Tips:
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Clean and Polish Exhaust Tips - Exterior Car Detail Parts 8 and 9

dirty + grungy = bad
    clean + shiny = good.

p.s. I think having some female dental assistants handing you supplies from sterile draped trays while you work would add something to the video.
    Likes Ronkh, ihaveacamaro, wdmaccord liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool vids

I can`t move that fast
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tropicsteve, ihaveacamaro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    dirty + grungy = bad
    clean + shiny = good.

p.s. I think having some female dental assistants handing you supplies from sterile draped trays while you work would add something to the video.
    Haha now that is a development I could get behind! But why don`t we go all the way and get some good looking nurses in the videos too

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool vids

I can`t move that fast
    The magic of video editing Thanks for watching!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
    Likes Ronkh, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You should try P21S Polishing Soap Assuming the exhaust is not REALLY bad, this is a miracle product and requires much less time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    You should try P21S Polishing Soap Assuming the exhaust is not REALLY bad, this is a miracle product and requires much less time.
    Looks like a really good, once every month or two product. May have to give it a try for myself. Unfortunately these exhausts weren`t properly polished for years so I`m not sure if that would`ve cut it? Do you think so?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Looks like a really good, once every month or two product. May have to give it a try for myself. Unfortunately these exhausts weren`t properly polished for years so I`m not sure if that would`ve cut it? Do you think so?
    only one way to find out

NEW VIDEO
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes ihaveacamaro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, once those exhaust tips are neglected for such a long period of time, you get to a point of no return. OTOH, it is a specific "effort" to clean them every week during the routine car wash. There`s no way to avoid that apart from not driving the car. I simply think of the exhaust tips as the "fifth" and "sixth" wheels on the car. I spritz a little wheel cleaner and come back a few mins later for agitation with the sponge. The result is pretty over the long term. I probably polish 2 or 3 times a year.

Camaro, you mention the #0000 steel wool in the video. That`s my first line of attack for a salvage effort like this.

Chem Guys as a very good metal polish. That`s what I`ve been using over the past year and get good results with it.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes ihaveacamaro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, I haven`t tried the CG polish but Optimum makes an excellent metal polish as well. For most situations though, the P21s Polishing Soap is amazing and super easy to use. It one of those wow products I think everyone should have.

btw, has the weather warmed up enough so you can turn on the outside water yet?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, yes, I wash almost year-round. My threshold is 22F, below that the icing gets too serious.

Thanks for the suggestion on the P21S product, Addy. I`ll give that a try when I place my next order.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Yeah, once those exhaust tips are neglected for such a long period of time, you get to a point of no return. OTOH, it is a specific "effort" to clean them every week during the routine car wash. There`s no way to avoid that apart from not driving the car. I simply think of the exhaust tips as the "fifth" and "sixth" wheels on the car. I spritz a little wheel cleaner and come back a few mins later for agitation with the sponge. The result is pretty over the long term. I probably polish 2 or 3 times a year.

Camaro, you mention the #0000 steel wool in the video. That`s my first line of attack for a salvage effort like this.

Chem Guys as a very good metal polish. That`s what I`ve been using over the past year and get good results with it.
    It seems like there are quite a few good metal polishes. When my Meguiar`s and Adam`s runs out, I`ll be sure to try several different kinds. Thanks for the suggestion!

While I like the results the steel wool gets, I`m just not as big a fan of holding it as I am holding a pad. I know my time spent will be more, but to me it is worth it.

Thread Information