Thread: need help

Post Thanks / Like

need help

Ok so I`ve read the tips stickied on carpet cleaning the inside of the cars.. well last night i wasnt pay attention getting out of the car and dropped my dr. pepper on the passenger seat. I grabbed my extra shirt out of the trunk, and immediatley dried up as much as i could. so this morning i went to the local car wash and used their shampoo machine( mine is packed away awaiting the new garage in my new home) and after i scrubbed and vaccummed the seat, i noticed areas where i had not spilt anything had brought up a brownish color to the surface. So i tried cleaning the entire seat once more, and it moved to another area.. I cannot stand this brownish color on my seat.. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, and how i can fix it, as well as get all my seats really clean.. im at a loss..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help

I`m not sure if I`m understanding you correctly, but are you saying that every time you attempt to shampoo the fabric, another once cleaned are appears soiled?

What it may sound like, is whatever you may be using could be causing some discoloration.

Try 303 Fabric Cleaner with a clean carpet/upholstery brush. If that cleans the seats up, apply some 303 High Tech Fabric Guard so you don`t run into this problem again.

Also, if you could post pictures, it may give us a better idea of what you mean.

Thanks~
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

yeah basically when i clean one area,an area that appeard clean would have a layer of a brownish color to is. The brush i used today with a different cleaner was brand new, and did it as well. i will go tonight and try and get pictures up,but it would be tomorrow morning when i get off work before i can upload. is there any store bought products i can use? itsto annoying to wait for online ordering. once i get it cleand im going to order some high quality cleaner and fabric protector to keep it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

try folex carpet cleaner from home cheapo

Post Thanks / Like

ill give it a shot. im wondering now if its possible that its dirt thatscome up from the shampoo and then vaccumming.. because thinking about it the spot goes away and comes in another spot. so ill stop while out getting dinner and try it. my buddy is gonna come by and see if he can tinker up something with it also cause he knows how mad i am about this.. not to mention its got me to be on hold with detailing the rest of the car cause i do the inside, then the outside, then under the car then wheel and engine bay. and if i skip over the inside for now ill know i did a half ass job and be unsatisfied. so please, any more suggestions or tips or ideas on what is could be is greatly appriciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean the entire surface of the seat..on some materials if you spot clean, where the solution stops it leaves a "ring" Its most likely more dirt that`s not been removed. By cleaning the whole surface it will dry back uniform
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Clean the entire surface of the seat..on some materials if you spot clean, where the solution stops it leaves a "ring" Its most likely more dirt that`s not been removed. By cleaning the whole surface it will dry back uniform
    true, and i understand that, which is why i`ve never "spot" cleaned the seats. I`ve done the entire seat over and over.. and cannot seam to get it. I talked to a guy this morning at work that is a local detailer and I`m gonna go see him on my next day off ( whenever that may be) and see what he can do. I`m really annoyed. I`ve tried vaccuming the seat a few more time to see if maybe i can get more loose dirt up and I`m gonna stop by my grandparents house on the way to work and use their steam cleaner and see if that may help, i`m thinking maybe i havent removed all of the solution and maybe a good amount of hot water and suction can do the trick. will upload the pictiures when i get to a computer, my phone wont upload them for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

what may have happened is the soda soaked into the foam in the seat. Try letting the seat dry completely, take a damp white mf. blot and lightly rub the soiled area. this should remove the stain on top of the seat.

Thread Information