Post Thanks / Like

Help me pick one ..... HydraMaster DriMaster 2 Upholstery Tool or he Hydro-KineticTM Upholstery Cleaning Tool

Guys i have a mytee 8070, a 5hp ridgid, air compressor, now I was going to get a vapor steamer with a vacuum so i can use it for upholstery. Well I decided I will not get that instead get a vx5000 vapor steamer and get one of these 2 upholstery tools. Which one is better? Anyone have one or used one? Do they really do what they claim keep the upholstery dryer then a standard internal detailing wand?

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me pick one ..... HydraMaster DriMaster 2 Upholstery Tool or he Hydro-KineticTM Upholstery Cleaning Tool

I`m only familiar with the DriMaster tool. I played with it briefly onsite and I really like it. At the time I didn`t see too many upholstered interiors so the $400+ price tag helped me to sit it back down. If I had little kids and upholstered furniture around the house I might be able to justify it, but I don`t.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me pick one ..... HydraMaster DriMaster 2 Upholstery Tool or he Hydro-KineticTM Upholstery Cleaning Tool

from what i understand is it will work on a portable but the problem with a portable is that it uses alot of water. I am wondering how my mytee 8070 would be its only 3 gallon solution.

Post Thanks / Like

The demo setup used a small spotter, probably about 3 gallons. We didn`t do any large scale cleaning but it did not run the unit dry while 10 or so of us tested it.

What does your distributor say and do you trust his/her opinion.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

well I called both companys and spoke to them. The drimaster is out and the main reason is I would needs 8-10gal or so just for say a sofa.Thats just a pain as my mytee 8070 is only 3gal. The Hydro-KineticTM Upholstery Cleaning Tool is the way to go if I were to pick from these 2. There still is a handle where I can control the water usage. They said it would work nice with my portable but my only question does it really leave the upholstery THAT much drier. If it does then its worth the $400. Im only doing Automobile interiors and offering sofa, loveseats, chairs etc cleaning so if it does leave it that much drier and I dont have to worry about the seats taking too long to dry or the seat wicking then its a win. The upholstery thats not to bad I can use my streamfast 275 steamer.

Post Thanks / Like

Always a good step to check directly with the manufacturer of the product. They should certainly be most familiar with the abilities of their product. Additionally, you can get an idea about the company itself and what you might expect down the line when you need service or support.

Too bad about the DriMaster, it appeared to be a quality product and it definitely left the material dry feeling to the touch. But as good as it seemed, if it doesn`t work with the tools you plan on using, then it isn`t a good option.

If you invest in a product like that, I would definitely offer the additional service of cleaning a chair or couch/sofa as an enhanced service and additional source of revenue. Talking with the carpet cleaners at the demo, upholstery cleaning (auto and home) were additional services offered.
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information