Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Anitduke...im going with an SL for the front and back of my card too. Not an SLR though. I think theyre kinda "too much" you know. Kinda ugly.
    Anyway, im in the process of designing one now, and heres the first rough draft I have come up with (This is nowhere near finished, just an idea, as I need to focus less on the car and more on my info. I also need to design a logo, which is almost done as well):

Post Thanks / Like
    2drTahoe: The card is looking great so far. The rims on that SL have a HUGE lip, jeez, pimpin.

Keep us updated on the changes, im interested how the final product turns out.

Also, i agree with the fact that the car takes up too much of the card. You may want to place the SL to one side (either left, right or middle) and then place your info in clear font opposite of the car, or in around the car if you decide to have the SL in the middle of the card.

Lastly, you may want to change the font color of the word `Ultimate` it seems a little hard to read to me. My 2 cents.

Goodluck bro!
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2drtahoez71
    Anitduke...im going with an SL for the front and back of my card too. Not an SLR though. I think theyre kinda "too much" you know. Kinda ugly.
    Anyway, im in the process of designing one now, and heres the first rough draft I have come up with (This is nowhere near finished, just an idea, as I need to focus less on the car and more on my info. I also need to design a logo, which is almost done as well):
    Looks good :cool

I agree, there should be less emphasis on the car. Great start though
    Joe
    TruckTechniques.com in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    theres you are trucktechniques.

ill keep everyone posted

as for all the other cards...they all look great

Post Thanks / Like
    $26.99 for 500....Vista Print.com.......And then about a week later, i received 100 mailing labels from a company (Easter seals I believe) So a two for one.......They have many options for us artisticly challenged.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When it`s you car, every detail matters...........

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine through Greatfx as well. Great service and I get a ton of compliments on my card. I`m hoping to geta great picture to take and have uploaded so I can make mine a bit more unique.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    I designed these myself, they have had a few changes, but are about the same as pictured, the color on the back is darker and the phone # for buffalo is corrected. The front is a real glossy coated finish, and the back is matte. The cards are virtually waterproof, i left them in the rain unharmed! and they are much easier to read when printed vs on the screen

They were printed by overnightprints.com

Front:

Back:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey TPGSR, nice card. I checked your website and was just wondering what a 3 step wax is? I`m a pro detailer and you confused me there. Or are you using Meguiars 3 step? Just wondering, and nice website with the flash and all.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    When i tell people that i polish glaze and wax, alot of times they just get confused, so i list it as a 3 step wax, and just dont elaborate unless someone (such as yourself) asks me. I had it typed out as polish glaze and wax, and some people are just too detail illiterate, "so polishing and glazing are like the same thing right?" No... <long winded explination> so now i just list 3 step wax. It has been that way for the past while since i changed everything to suit the Country Club contract that i got.

Thanks for the compliment on the site! Do you have one yet, or are you looking to get one, i have some nice connections for hosting

Post Thanks / Like
    tpgsr, I figured that was what you meant by 3 step but I just had to ask. I don`t have my own site for my detailing business yet, I plan to build it in the winter months when business slows down. I used to write websites for a living but it got real old sittin in front of a computer all day (and night) so I turned to my true love (automobiles). However, when I looked at your site (and the code), it looked real good. Nice clean code and tags and good layout. Did you do it yourself? If so, nice job! I like hostmysite.com for hosting. Solid, fast and cheap. Anyway, congrats on your business and your site.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my new card!!! I had to change the name of the business becuase some one was using something similiar ( Granite State metal detailing ) oh well at least this one is mine now..
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GraniteState
    This is my new card!!! I had to change the name of the business becuase some one was using something similiar ( Granite State metal detailing ) oh well at least this one is mine now..

nice where did you get that pic from..

Post Thanks / Like
    TPGSR....nice website

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information