Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Water Quality

I am not a full time detailer, and by no means am I an expert on car detailing. However I am a master plumber and have worked on several water purification systems. I have worked on systems where the water is so pure that it will attack metal and eat alive! The person that put the post up for e-bay is on the money. The auto dry system, in my mind is not that bad. I am not sure about the soap, it may be something special. The filter is a two part filter--a pleated filter to remove larger particles, and an activated carbon fileter to produce D.I. or R.O. water. Thus the dancing water effect. The reason for the reduced water pressure on the rinse, is that you are using the pressure to push through the filter process. I have a black truck and have used the Mr. Clean system several times, and for the most part it didn`t leave spots. I did however use a mitt during the soaping process to clean it. For the person that says it cost him $5.00/wash-- you must have extremely hard or dirty water that the filter is plugging up that fast. Basic principle behind the final rinse water at a car wash, and the Mr. Clean(Mr. Clean no where near the quality of a car wash water) is that the more pure the water is the more it needs ions to stay stable. That is why D.I. or R.O. water is used on the final rinse, it needs the hard water minerals left by the washing process to stay stable. Thats how they get the spot free rinse. For the person that said he can buy that type of filtering process for $30, buy me two. Just a suggestion, get a clean 5 gal bucket with a lid, go down to your local car wash and spary the water into the bucket and take it home. Take a small hand sprayer after washing and rinsing the vehicle and do a final rinse with that water just by misting it onto the surface. Mr. Clean without the Mr. Clean cheap plastic!:wait

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to disagree with you but Mr. Clean does not produce ro/di water or anything close to it. Mr. Clean uses a charcoal media to filter water similar to a Brita water filter. While this may be enough to prevent leaving spots on your car, it in no way is close to being as pure as RO/DI water (reverse osmosis/de-ionized). I have been in the salt water fish hobby for some time and know a little bit about water quality. You need a TDS (total disoslved solids) meter to test the purity of water. RO/DI is very close to distilled water as far as quality goes, Mr. Clean however is nowhere close, thus it needs some type of polymer soap to help it run off your paint. Pure water will not leave spots, period. Try using distilled water by itself and see what happens.

Now that we are all experts on water quality, i`m going to get a beer and finish waxing my truck! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I would mess this up after a few beers. You are probably 100% correct in that it is not the quality of RO/DI water. But then again you need to look at the purity of RO/DI water, of which there are many levels of this. I have seen DI water produced that is extremely harsh and I have seen DI water produced that is basically just a little better than tap water. Is the water coming out of the Mr. Clean auto dry system better than tap and the answer is yes. Is it as good as RO or DI- NO! But I am glad you disagree, because that is what makes this form Great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information