Post Thanks / Like

Motivation verses weather

Last few weeks we have had rain or snow showers every couple days and at first I tried to keep my DD clean but after a couple weeks of washing nearly every day.
    I decided that it was futile to even try to maintain it at the level I was trying to keep it at.
    It is sitting in the garage and don`t look all that bad but it has some spots on it from driving in the rain but I go for therapy in the morning and it is going to rain so I just left it rain spotted.

Winter time just sap`s my motivation when I know it will only look good for the first 2 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motivation verses weather

well if you have a black car.....it really only looks good for the first 500 feet you drive it in any weather

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a vehicle last December. It was really swirled and I was dying for the rest of the winter to be able to polish it up. When I was finally able to do the job in May it was sooooo worth the wait! I love dramatic before/after results and sometimes neglecting your DD during the winter is the best way to get a great endorphin boost in the spring when you repair all the damage.

It has been a very cold winter so far and I just haven`t been able to do anything other than spray the car off at the coin op once or twice, but that doesn`t get the grime and salt off. I`m not quite ready to go at it with a brush and do damage to the paint, but I`m ok with the salt being there because I know the paint is protected. The cold hasn`t sapped my motivation at all, but it has sapped my ability to get out there and clean it up properly. So until the sun comes out and the temperature gets above 50 degrees (sometime in March) I am going to be stuck with a dirty car. That`s ok though, because everybody has a dirty car right now because we are all in the same boat. I`m just looking forward to the payoff in spring when I get to polish up my two vehicles again and enjoy the transformation.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    Winter time just sap`s my motivation when I know it will only look good for the first 2 miles.
    I am a poster boy for that theroy.

Washed and waxed last night. Pulled it out. Heavy wind, so it got salt dust all over it.

Still looked great till I went thru some slush puddles.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have better weather here in CA but regardless it can be pissing rain on a Saturday and I`m in the garage clean the car. I did this last Sunday and about an hour after I was done, the wife took it shopping. Back to drawing board!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

you guys all need some trailer queens, and then there will be no worry .LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have a nice warm garage with a drain but since my back surgery it is a monumental effort to wash the SUV so when I do it and it lasts till I back it out of the garage I just have trouble getting motivated.
    The last couple weeks has been rain every other day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I have a nice warm garage with a drain but since my back surgery it is a monumental effort to wash the SUV so when I do it and it lasts till I back it out of the garage I just have trouble getting motivated.
    The last couple weeks has been rain every other day.
    Man does this sound familiar. My truck has been so dirty that I don`t like to take it out in daylight hours. I`ve considered running it through the track wash. Then recently I was able to get a couple of details done and had it firmly in my sights. Oh well what`s another 3 months.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information