Post Thanks / Like

My Brinkman let me down....

I have a Brinkman and it seemed to have let me down.

I have used it as a check tool and noticed some very very light swirls on a hood (suspect a contaminated applicator judging by the pattern) at one specific sun angle. The Brinkman shows perfect clear paint and looks fine under fluorescent. I think the metallic paint helps hide it too.

I have not had a chance to really investigate what I did wrong but need to figure it out.

Al
    The Need to Bead

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Brinkman let me down....

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have a Brinkman and it seemed to have let me down.

I have used it as a check tool and noticed some very very light swirls on a hood (suspect a contaminated applicator judging by the pattern) at one specific sun angle. The Brinkman shows perfect clear paint and looks fine under fluorescent. I think the metallic paint helps hide it too.

I have not had a chance to really investigate what I did wrong but need to figure it out.
    An easy one.
    Stay away from "specific sun angles".

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem the other day after a paint correction, the brinkmann and the halogen lights did not show all the light swirls, but when it was in the sun light it stood out like a sore thumb. My problem, I think the light swirls were not coming out because my finish pad was a little wore out, and I did not have a replacement with me. I was using a rotary with M105 M205 and finished with 3M Ultrafina with a blue 3M pad. But the sun revealed the swirls, so I grabbed my old Ultimate Detail Machine random orbital and a white pad and removed the swirls with the 3M ultrafina. Maybe the paint just could not be finished with the rotary, which is why I had my Ultimate Detail Machine.
    I have never had this issue before, so my guess is my pad was not in good enough condition. Any other suggestions? There are some days that its cloudy all day, and I cannot check it in sun too. The brinkmann gave me a false sense of security, now I think I might just trust the sun light.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    An easy one.
    Stay away from "specific sun angles".
    CharlesW...Sage

I know you`ve heard about the doctor whose patient complained that "it" hurts when I do ____. To which the doctor wisely advised..."Well, then don`t do that" .

Sorry Bunky...please carry on w/o my interruption.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that the brinkmann works best held at a distance of twenty four inches or a little more and I always move it back and forth ever so slowly finding the right angle. Is it always perfect ? Nope. But still pretty darn good. Just my experience and 2 cents. Paul S

Post Thanks / Like

No lighting system is perfect but I added a lot of fluorescent lights in my shop and the typical light has a temp range of 4100k or 4300k.
    I replaced all of mine with tubes that have a temp of 5600k this is what flash units for cameras are it duplicates natural light.

I installed enough of these to equal 8000 watts I rarely miss something with this lighting system.

Thread Information