Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Invisible Glass with Water Repellent

Sorry about replying to my own question but I did a little NET research. The name of the rainXish stuff Toyota and Lexus use and pretreat (at least some of their cars) is called AQUAPEL. There are plenty of articles like "rainx vs aquapel " type things. One thing is for sure- it obliterates rainX- period. IN side by side comparisons is smokes rainx. Aquapel and users and testers (not me) say they get 6 months on the windshiled-1 year on the side and backs- I`m hear to tell you- 2 years and 20K and it looked like day I bought the vehicles- check it out- maybe it would be better than the stuff everyone is using but i`ll get some by the end of today. I do underwater televising for a living and I`m gonna try some on my camera and lenses- I`ll let you know. Good Luck

Occupant Ilied Industries occupant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I already have two cans of IG at the moment. And now hearing about the Aquapel stuff, I may not even try the IG+WR. I do like my rain-X when I have time to apply it. The anti-fog stuff is awesome. Doesn`t do much for tobacco film but when I delivered pizzas, I had clear side windows even with several bags in the back seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by occupant View Post
    I already have two cans of IG at the moment. And now hearing about the Aquapel stuff, I may not even try the IG+WR. I do like my rain-X when I have time to apply it. The anti-fog stuff is awesome. Doesn`t do much for tobacco film but when I delivered pizzas, I had clear side windows even with several bags in the back seat.
    This thread has started off onto an entirely different type product rain-x and aquapel are similar but the IG is a cleaner with water repellent added.

You do not need to do the windows twice when you clean them they are also treated where with the other products you need to clean the windows then go back over them and apply the rain-x.

I don`t think what is in the IG will last as long as rain-x but it don`t matter because every time you clean the glass you automatically apply more.

Personally I don`t like rain-x it puts a film of something on the glass that makes the wipers want to chatter.
    Anyone that tries the IG will never go back to the time consuming double application method of rain-x and as a plus your glass will look better.

Post Thanks / Like

nothing touches aquapel period- 2 years 20k- is proof enough for me. I hated driving to work in the rain this morning- I couldn`t see squat- I`m getting my AQUAPEL on the way home- I ve had it too goo for too long- I used rainx on my underwater camera equip and it ani`t nothin yall- better without it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information