Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Most helpful tip or advise from DC

As much as I hate to admit it, I dont know everything. I have been a member of this site for a few months now and I have learned quite a bit. This site is my reference page for any issues that i come up with at the garage.
    This afternoon I detailed a truck that had recently been waxed by a local guy who calls himself a detailer. When i got it to my shop i seen all the wax residue on all the plastic on the truck. I wanted to find a quick way to remove all the left over wax from the plastic so I pulled together my resources (dc). I was in search of something that I had on hand to remove the wax. After reading many posts I decided that the only household item that i had that would work is Peanut butter. Who has the time or just one day says hey what the hell I think i`ll rub some peanut butter on here? Well to my suprise it worked and the wax residue is gone. I dont have pictures because my camera battery died from leaving in the cold in my truck.
    My point of this post is this, I am sure we have all picked up a thing or two from this site. The peanut butter trick was a little odd, but it worked. So what tip or trick have you learned from DC that has been the most helpful or stood out the most in your day to day detailing?
    Thank you to everyone for sharing.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most helpful tip or advise from DC

I found that the peanut butter thing doesn`t work well. It looks like it is working but as a little time passes I find that it was just masking the problem because the wax stain was back. Steve at Poorboys turned me on to the full strength APC on a cotton terry towel for wax on trim and once it was cleaned it never came back. Trim restorer is used after the APC and it makes old trim look new again and stays that way. As TOGW is something I see a lot I guess Steve`s suggestion is the most commonly used one for me.

Thread Information