Post Thanks / Like

interior recommendations

Since my truck was new I have only used a damp cloth and maybe some auto-type window cleaner to clean the plastic areas like the dash, console, etc. I don`t like the shiny "Armor-All" look. I use a mini California duster to keep the dust down. On the carpets I use the Tuff Stuff carpet cleaner and it has worked well in the past, but has come up a little short the last couple of times I used it.

My simple process has kept my truck clean, but are there any drawbacks to it? SHOULD I use some other product to clean with that may add some protection?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    A damp cloth is all I use to clean the vinyl in my vehicles. 303 seems to do a good job of protecting and has a matte finish. I also use the 303 on my tires.

Blue Coral Dri Clean has done pretty good for carpet cleaning in most cases. It just happened to be what I picked up at the store one day. If I get a bad stain, I use Meguiar`s APC+. diluted about 10:1 to spot clean the problem areas.

4 Star`s carpet cleaner has had some good comments, but I have yet to try it.

The most important thing for me is to not let things stay dirty for any length of time. The longer dirt or stains set, the harder they are to get out.

Charles

Boss_429
    Once or twice a year, I like to go over my interior with Meguiar`s #39 (heavy duty vinyl cleaner) before I apply my protectant.

For carpets I use some powdery stuff mixed in hot water that my wife bought a case of years ago. Works really well, but I can`t remember the name. When necessary, I get out the wife`s "Little Green Machine" and give the carpets a better cleaning. Not the best extractor, but it works for me.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the dash and door panels (vinyl) or just dusty then I also just wipe down with a damp mf towel. If they need cleaning then I usually use Meg`s APC+ diluted for interior use to 12:1. I like Poorboy`s Natural Look as an interior dressing. Has U.V. protection and dries completely to the touch in a few minutes. As the name suggests, it does not leave a real shiny, greasy look.

I`ve also used Meguiars #40 Vinyl Rubber Protectant as well as Megs W-Dressing from their Detailer line (only available in gallon sizes). #40 leaves a little more shine to it and requires buffing to dry completely. W-Dressing can be diluted 1:1 for a satin, almost matte finish which makes it very economical. 303 is a great protectant but I don`t care for the smell and really doesn`t stand up well to anything but interior use. Plus, it is pricey.

All of these are available at the on-line store here at DC.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used megs 40 for a long time and I kinda like it, but there`s just better stuff out there. Right now i`m going through a bottle of four stars vinyl and ruber protectant and it`s been pretty good. Somewhere between a gloss and a satin look. Less than megs 40 but definately higher than 303. I`m still waiting to see what the longevity of the stuff is like.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also use Natural LOOk

but I also use it on carpet..and it cleans it up and leaves a nice fresh scent in the carpet too...great for those who smoke in their vehicles.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use it for on the carpet?

Post Thanks / Like
    For leather vinyl and you car use woolite mixed 6 to 1.Also workes on carpets I also like Murphy Oil Soap in the spray bottle for leather and vinyl. For carpets you can use Ammonia and water 1cup to i gallon of water ,use clear ammonia you will be supprised on how much dirt comes out of the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am surpised no one uses Vinylex. I like this stuff but it does have a slight gloss to it, but I don`t mind a slight gloss. You need to wipe it down after applying though. Also good for tires and trim. But I usually use 303. Gotta try the Natural Look.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    POORBOY:[/B]
    I also use Natural LOOk but I also use it on carpet..and it cleans it up and leaves a nice fresh scent in the carpet too...great for those who smoke in their vehicles.
    [B]

It`s been about 9 months now Poorboy! I think you`ve kept us in suspense long enough. :badabum

Doesn`t Natural Look leave a film behind?

Would this be as good a choice for carpets as your Biodegradeable Cleaner?

Inquiring minds want to know! (or at least I do!)
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

most carpets today are nylon and wont absorb the Nataural Look, if you pour it on the padding could, but spraying a little and rubbing it in and out does not leave enough of a "film" to be noticed.
    Yes if your intent was heavy carpet cleaning or degreasing , the Bio-Cleaner would be a better choice.

Such suspense
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information