Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washers?

I am interested in picking up a pressure washer but want some advice on a few things..

1. What pressure is safe to use
    2. What washer should I get for someone doing a car a week (fairly minimal load) but I do want something either long-lasting or repairable
    3. Is this one any good? (it comes with a 1yr warranty and another 1yr for $10 more)
    4. Is it really worth it in the long run?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washers?

I don`t have personal experience with the non-commercial pressure washers anymore. I haven`t used one in years.

gpm is just as important as psi.

The more gpm the faster and safer you will be able to rinse the car.

psi should be less than 3000psi. You probably wouldn`t want to get real close to the paint at that psi but as long as you kept the gun tip atleast 12 inches away you would be fine.

Keep in mind the bigger pressure washer you get the more you are able to do with it.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The company that I work for bought a portable pressure washer from ACE hardware for around $90 they have used it for about an hour a month for the past three years with very few problems. It gets dragged around and dropped just about everytime it is used. We broke the quick connect fitting for the garden hose twice and were able to get the part from ace but the second time it broke I just made up a connector that screws together with a short piece of hose and a few hose ends.The tip of the wand had split once and we were able to get a replacement for it also. I don`t know the pressure rating or the GPM but would use it for washing cars with no problems. I have used a few Husky models from Home depot that are larger than this ACE model and the ACE model works much better. I would say for the money this pressure washer is a diamond in the rough. This is the only experience that I have to share. Good luck...TD

Post Thanks / Like

It ain`t cheap, but Northern Tool has one that I`m gonna get, it`s electric and costs $449.00 but it can be used with a 15amp breaker (needed for my garage). I`ve dealt with gas models and cheap box store electric ones, this time, I`m getting a quality tool that ain`t too strong for detailing.

Thread Information