Post Thanks / Like

Daytona Speed Master Brush?

Who here has one of these or a similar model that they have used?

Pros / Cons?

I have looked at this brush for some time now just want to see how well they have held up?

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daytona Speed Master Brush?

I like mine,the only thing i found is when you pull it out you get alot of splashback.So i pull it out slowly.. But i does a good job on my 20 inch chevy truck rims on those hard to reach spots,you can bend it anykind of way to scrub away.Couple that with PB spray and rinse and you got a great combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Who here has one of these or a similar model that they have used?

Pros / Cons?

I have looked at this brush for some time now just want to see how well they have held up?

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,
    I have the Daytona brush. I like it very much. I can tell you that I purchased it around the time it came out. I use it 2 x per week since them. The handle near the post has been bent back and forth so many times that I fear it will break in the near future. I can tell you that if i breaks I will buy another one becuase it is the only tool that effectivly cleans the barrels, corners, calipers and exhaust tips without busting my knuckles. I wish the handle was sturdier is all, but I love it and can`t clean wheels without it!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonair View Post
    I like mine,the only thing i found is when you pull it out you get alot of splashback.So i pull it out slowly.. But i does a good job on my 20 inch chevy truck rims on those hard to reach spots,you can bend it anykind of way to scrub away.Couple that with PB spray and rinse and you got a great combo.
    Slowly works just fine. When I get in a hurry working the brush in, out and around is when I catch a little splatter. But most wheel brushes I`ve used will get you a bit dirty. I wear heavy duty rubber gloves most of the time when I`m working on tire/wheels/wheel wells. Keeps my hands clean, saves on cuts and knucklebusting, and is just that much less time the hands are gettng water logged.

As for the Daytona brush, I went ahead and bought one as a back-up to the EZ-Detail brush. Marketing for the brush indicates it is a more robust build. It may be, but looking at the two brushes side by side it is hard to discern a big difference.

I like the EZ-Detail brush a lot and consider it an essential tool. I am assuming the Daytona brush will perform at least as well as the EZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all I`m going to order one from...I was just having some issues with paying 30 bucks for a brush..but more than they durability of the brush
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have the Daytona brush. I like it very much. I can tell you that I purchased it around the time it came out. I use it 2 x per week since them. The handle near the post has been bent back and forth so many times that I fear it will break in the near future. I can tell you that if i breaks I will buy another one becuase it is the only tool that effectivly cleans the barrels, corners, calipers and exhaust tips without busting my knuckles. I wish the handle was sturdier is all, but I love it and can`t clean wheels without it!
    IIRC that is one of the areas of improvement over the original EZ-Detail brush.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one when they were first put here on the board.
    Havent used it yet. Was thinking aobut it.

Guess after Atk`s post I gotta try it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am ready to trade my brush. I would call it gentle agitation especially for wide spoke wheels.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I am ready to trade my brush. I would call it gentle agitation especially for wide spoke wheels.

Wifes car has wheels with a "channel" for lack of better word, that continues behind the spokes.

These are wide spokes. Dunno why I`m worried about it since nobody could see it if the wheel is on. I`m not worried about the barrels, so I dunno why i care.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cut the handle off and put that in a cordless drill.

I use Powersticks.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there really a difference between the Daytona brush and the EZ Brush, or is it just a marketing ploy? The price difference is substantial.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhonig View Post
    Is there really a difference between the Daytona brush and the EZ Brush, or is it just a marketing ploy? The price difference is substantial.
    Basically it has a stiffer shaft and feather tipped bristles.

They`re both expensive for a brush but they safely do what others can`t so if that`s important to you then I would think they would be worth it.

Thread Information