Thread: Carpet Shampoo

Post Thanks / Like

Question Carpet Shampoo

I always hear people talk about using shampoo to clean their carpets. But for some reason, I have never seen an actual "Carpet Shampoo". Can somebody please direct me to some products. Oh, and they have to be available here in Canada.

Thanks guys
    Whoever said that anything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Shampoo

There are plenty of carpet shampoo on the market but I would be at a lose as to what`s in Canada..

What are you looking to do...just get good clean carpets?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    There are plenty of carpet shampoo on the market but I would be at a lose as to what`s in Canada..

What are you looking to do...just get good clean carpets?
    Exactly. I don`t want to rent an extractor everytime I have to clean carpets.

Just name a few brands you know of and I`ll see if you can get them up here.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Matrix or ChemSpec. Both professional lines. Available down here via pro carpet cleaning supplies vendors or janitorial houses.

Big Leegr is an excellent resource for what you can get and where you can get things north of the border.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also try the big home supply stores like Lowes or Home Depot. they have supplies for cleaning carpet. You can also try automotive paint stores. Some of them have soaps, polishes, and upholstery cleaning products just for cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf525 View Post
    You can also try the big home supply stores like Lowes or Home Depot. they have supplies for cleaning carpet. You can also try automotive paint stores. Some of them have soaps, polishes, and upholstery cleaning products just for cars.
    Alot of the stuff at Home Depot is are shampoos for use in extractors or the Bissel vacuums

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also use a pump sprayer with water to rinse and a shop vac to extract, if you have them handy, instead of an extractor.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

The fabrics in our home become dirty with use even when we don`t see the dirt. Hand lotion, sweat, spilled drinks, pet dander, dead skin, dust, dirt tracked in on shoes and bare feet, oil and grease from spilled food. oil and grease from cooking fumes, pet hair, people hair, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Professionals Company based in Liverpool etc.
    There are special soap formulas and suction machines with and without heating elements you can buy or rent to periodically clean upholstery and carpeting.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DC hindo. We have Chem-Dry here in the states. In fact, it was the suggested cleaning system recommended by one of the carpet manufacturers of some of our home carpet. (Reasoning, the twist of the carpet fiber was heat set and heated water/steam cleaning over time would cause the twist to relax/release and you would have a fuzz ball for a carpet).

But I don`t know of a machine for Chem-Dry that will fit inside a vehicle, and as that is why we are here, I`m not certain how pertinent that information is.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - Its not so much getting into the cars with the machines - its more to do with choosing the right product for car Here`s some links to our tip pages (for info)But you`re dead right its mainly indoor but it works on all types carpets, upholstery etc you get in cars

Many thanks Hindo

Thread Information