Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Any opinions?

I was wondering if anyone has any opinion of the best product to use?
    The car is a `95 Emerald Green Viper. It has hardly any swirls that I can see and it`s only lightly hand washed when needed. I am looking for a product that will make the paint look show quality. It will be a gift for my Dad for Fathers Day. Right now he is using 3M stuff and personally I don`t care for how It works. I am a big fan of the pb products on my car so far.
    So, what do you think? Thank you all in advance!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any opinions?

You can`t really do better than Pinnacle and it comes in some nice kits.

Before Steve beats me up for not saying Poorboy`s I`m just offering up this suggestion because Pinnacle is packaged very well and makes a nice looking gift.

Post Thanks / Like

1)Secret goo
    2)New ssr1(seeing that you say there are minamal swirls
    3)Nattys blue followed by
    4)Nattys Red

This is 1 route you could take, If what you are lookin for is a"Eye poppin,Heavy Bead Producing,Ultra Deep Gloss Super Smooth Finish......

I`m sure others will have an Opinion 4 u

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    You can`t really do better than Pinnacle and it comes in some nice kits.

Before Steve beats me up for not saying Poorboy`s I`m just offering up this suggestion because Pinnacle is packaged very well and makes a nice looking gift.

Troy >>> <<< Poorboy>><<<Flash

We can make custom kits for any occasion
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPinchr View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any opinion of the best product to use?
    The car is a `95 Emerald Green Viper. It has hardly any swirls that I can see and it`s only lightly hand washed when needed. I am looking for a product that will make the paint look show quality. It will be a gift for my Dad for Fathers Day. Right now he is using 3M stuff and personally I don`t care for how It works. I am a big fan of the pb products on my car so far.
    So, what do you think? Thank you all in advance!
    Viper paint is hard, so it will not correct easily. What machine will be used for polishing?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post

Troy >>> <<< Poorboy>><<<Flash

We can make custom kits for any occasion
    Is that a brown nose I see on Flash?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a machine? If not I would look into a Flex if $$ allows otherwise the PC with 4" pads does well also. Meguiars M105, M205 and Menzerna Final Polish II are great to have. I always use a sealant, I just prefer them do to the fact they generally last longer then a wax, I will usually top a sealant with a nice wax. My goto sealant has been FK1 1000p, Four Star is good, Poorboys EXP is nice as well and so is Meg NXT 2.0. As far as wax I recommend Souveran, FK1 Pink wax, Nattys Red or P21s 100%
    A great looking shine starts with great prep work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    Is that a brown nose I see on Flash?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m reading the original post wrong, but I think what he is looking for is something his father can and will use.

For most people, an AIO/One Step is probably the most likely to be used.
    Since PennyPinchr has been happy with Poorboy`s it would seem like either PwS or PwC would be a good choice.
    The best products in the world are worthless if they aren`t used.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very grateful for all of this info and help with all of these choices available!
    I looked into most of the kits out there and they all look great. However, I don`t think he would use everything that comes with them. The car is garaged in the winter and it RARELY sees any rain. A bit of protection is still a concern due to IFO and such. would that be correct? I am looking to get him something that will make that deep metallic green paint POP I`m kind of thinking a glaze and sealant maybe? To my untrained eye, I did not see any swirls. that does not mean that none are there though. I also think I will do a light clay-ing, especially around the front and lower doors for some prep work.
    I, unfortunately, do not own a machine yet. I`m still not sure which one to buy. I am leaning a little more toward a pc (xp maybe?) because I am bit nervous to start out using the flex. I`m very new to this still.
    Might any of this help at all?
    Thank you all again for your help! I really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPinchr View Post
    I am so very grateful for all of this info and help with all of these choices available!
    I looked into most of the kits out there and they all look great. However, I don`t think he would use everything that comes with them. The car is garaged in the winter and it RARELY sees any rain. A bit of protection is still a concern due to IFO and such. would that be correct? I am looking to get him something that will make that deep metallic green paint POP I`m kind of thinking a glaze and sealant maybe? To my untrained eye, I did not see any swirls. that does not mean that none are there though. I also think I will do a light clay-ing, especially around the front and lower doors for some prep work.
    I, unfortunately, do not own a machine yet. I`m still not sure which one to buy. I am leaning a little more toward a pc (xp maybe?) because I am bit nervous to start out using the flex. I`m very new to this still.
    Might any of this help at all?
    Thank you all again for your help! I really appreciate it!
    I would most certainaly clay the car, even when you think its sqeaky clean there are still tons of contaminents...

If your lookin for a 1 step....Maybe Nattys blue would be a good choice by hand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Maybe I`m reading the original post wrong, but I think what he is looking for is something his father can and will use.

For most people, an AIO/One Step is probably the most likely to be used.
    Since PennyPinchr has been happy with Poorboy`s it would seem like either PwS or PwC would be a good choice.
    The best products in the world are worthless if they aren`t used.
    Great points Charles, as usual. I would agree.

Post Thanks / Like

If it stays garaged, and you don`t think you`re dad would do a lot of hand polishing, and you need a little bit of protection, let me suggest Poorboy`s QD+, Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, and a load of microfibers. Easy to use, great pop, a little protection in the QD+. I think that would be a great gift.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    If it stays garaged, and you don`t think you`re dad would do a lot of hand polishing, and you need a little bit of protection, let me suggest Poorboy`s QD+, Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, and a load of microfibers. Easy to use, great pop, a little protection in the QD+. I think that would be a great gift.
    Excellent "light user" package!

I don`t know how much protection is in the QD+ product, but it is just so easy to use that he can use it after each wash. As CharlesW noted, if the products don`t get used, they can`t be much help.

As a gift that keeps on giving, you could throw in a free wax/sealant job for him 3-4 times/year. If he regularly maintains the vehicle with this package it won`t take a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely came to the right place! So many good ideas!
    I think I will go with the light QD package with some MF towels. Maybe the Turtle Wax MF towels from Walmart I just saw in another thread! Then I`ll also offer to do some wax jobs myself a few times a year with my own products. Probably some Natty`s Blue and maybe some BH before that if he lkes the look.
    Thank you all once again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information