Post Thanks / Like

Wash your car with milk??

The other day, I decided to quickly hose off the car, as it`s been quite windy, and there was an accumulating mass of tree buds/leafs/etc...

Mind you, I haven`t used the hose here before at all. I hosed it down and let it air dry. We were expecting rain in the following days, so I didn`t bother with a wash...

When the water dried, I was shocked at the amount of, what I assumed to be, mineral deposits ALL over the car. It looked like milk was spilled on it and left to dry, like a huge cloudy film!!

We have softened water IN the house, but the garden hose isn`t tapped into it, and the quality (old neighbourhood) of water is terrible...

I`m hoping my Mr.Clean Autodry is going to work miracles here!

I`ll try to get some pics up...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash your car with milk??

Quote Originally Posted by WuNgUn View Post
    The other day, I decided to quickly hose off the car, as it`s been quite windy, and there was an accumulating mass of tree buds/leafs/etc...

Mind you, I haven`t used the hose here before at all. I hosed it down and let it air dry. We were expecting rain in the following days, so I didn`t bother with a wash...

When the water dried, I was shocked at the amount of, what I assumed to be, mineral deposits ALL over the car. It looked like milk was spilled on it and left to dry, like a huge cloudy film!!

We have softened water IN the house, but the garden hose isn`t tapped into it, and the quality (old neighbourhood) of water is terrible...

I`m hoping my Mr.Clean Autodry is going to work miracles here!

I`ll try to get some pics up...

Call your Water/Fire Department and have them flush tha system..........Fire hydrant...............

When I 1st saw the Title to this Thread I couldn`t click fast enough as I love hearing peoples wacky Car Wash Stories(Weird Wallys is still )

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should mention that...down the street, a few weeks ago, they were doing just that. And for a few days, our water had an obvious rusty/brown colour to it...

Do you think the fire department would do that? Surely not if I told them I wanted it flushed because I can`t properly wash my car! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WuNgUn View Post
    Funny you should mention that...down the street, a few weeks ago, they were doing just that. And for a few days, our water had an obvious rusty/brown colour to it...

Do you think the fire department would do that? Surely not if I told them I wanted it flushed because I can`t properly wash my car! lol

Its "NOT" just your car wash water, It also effects the Water you Drink and Bath in....I have a Freind who works @ the water dept(City) and he tells me all kind of horror stories he has seen over the years The water will just settle in tha system,causing all kinds of kinds of funky things to happen.(Mind you Memphis has the 2nd cleanest h2o in the Nation..Austin,Tx #1) If you live at the bottom of a Hill or @ the end of a Cove your problems will be worse.

About every 3 Months I have my ststem flushed(Sorry Eco-Guys) Call your Water Dept. and express your concern about the contaminated Water and I`m sure they will send Water/Fire Dept. out to flush system.

Or you could go Ninja, get 1 of these wrenches that fit that top knob on fire hydrant, and at 3:00am Monkey crawl yor way to said Hydrant(Camo/Face paint required)and open it up...........That or Tell your neighbors about them drinking Tha Funky Stuff and everyone call @ once........Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I gave the AutoDry it`s first ever go...
    What I`ve read is true, it basically turned my sheepskin mitt all dirty/black, which is weird. That`s never happend before, not with my soap...
    It went thru the soap in the resevoir much faster than I would of liked, but it was nice having a stream of soapy water available to go along with the soapy mitt in those really dirty areas...

When it came time for the filtered rinse, the stream was equal to or better in volume/strength than the commercial car washes `spotless rinse`...but this was it`s first use. I expect the performance to drop over time...
    With the car almost dry, I went over it with the waffle-weave and BlackFire spray carnuba QT.

All in all, it`s a nice accessory to have available, especially in my area!

Thread Information