Post Thanks / Like

mint 89 beretta GTU

I plan to be getting a 89 beretta GTU 5 speed that is very simular to this one with only 500 miles on it. i have a few questions to start.
    1) what kind of products would be appropriate for a car in this kind of shape?
    all i realy have is a microfiber mit for Vatozone and the usual armorall and car wash.
    this car will remain mostly stock, so detailing it is going to be the way i give the car attention.
    2)im clueless on detailing, all i know how to do is wax and wash. what kind of monthly routine would keep this car looking like a showcar?

thanks in advanced for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mint 89 beretta GTU

"Search Forums"....Your neighbor has 1 helluva Garage. It looks bigger than his house.

Post Thanks / Like

dang only 500 and that one only has 40,000 wats the deal with tha low mileage and great detail btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    guess how many donuts i can, uh, um never mind

Post Thanks / Like

its not my car, its really hard to find nice pics of GTU`s, and im too lazy to copy the photos i have in a manila folder, so i just took some from a member of Bstuff. this car is almost identical to the one im getting, just no headlight covers, and mine has the ULTRA rare black interior[im a beretta junky and have only seen pics of three or four cars with them], and a sunroof.

Post Thanks / Like

Depened on the year and the color you have to worry about Primer seporation.. GM had sucky primer in the 80/90 BTW my family had two of them a white one and the teal green one.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, you`re getting one with only 500 miles on the odo?

Dude...killer find. That would be like me finding an `04 Santa Fe 3.5L with everything with only 1,000 miles on it; I would jump on it a heartbeat.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, the owner is realy attached to the car, so im hoping he doesnt change his mind. what kind of wax should i use on late 80`s paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keiffith View Post
    thanks, the owner is realy attached to the car, so im hoping he doesnt change his mind. what kind of wax should i use on late 80`s paint?
    You can use all the same products on the older cars as you do on the new ones..IMO

Do you know if that is single stage paint? meaning not clear coated...sort of looks like it to me...all that means is you will have to stay on top of paint a tad more...but I love working on SSP
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

My 93 has a clear coat, and im pretty sure the 89`s have it too. thanks, i wasnt sure if there where "special" products that should be used on older paint.
    to start out i think im just ganna get some maguars and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

My 93 has a clear coat, and im pretty sure the 89`s have it too. thanks, i wasnt sure if there where "special" products that should be used on older paint.
    to start out i think im just ganna get some maguars and go from there.
    Start off with either clay or a paint cleaner...clay would be my choice...then a good polishing and seal / wax or both

Also are those headlight covers on the car that you remove or are they flip up`s

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, they are removable, but that car ISNT the one im buying, but its a very good example. the car is a under 500 mintacular spectical, but it is going to be driven daily for a few months before i leave for bootcamp. i would like to protect the imaculate paint and keep the car in a show- worthy condition wherever i go.
    so what do i do first? i assume i wax then seal or the other way around?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, they are removable, but that car ISNT the one im buying, but its a very good example. the car is a under 500 mintacular spectical, but it is going to be driven daily for a few months before i leave for bootcamp. i would like to protect the imaculate paint and keep the car in a show- worthy condition wherever i go.
    so what do i do first? i assume i wax then seal or the other way around?
    NO you want to seal then wax..I know this is not the car you are getting...once you have your car...the condition of the paint will determine if clay, polishing and such should be done before hand

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

alright. from the pictures i cant see any swirling, but ill have to see if there is any when i get it, although im sure it being a 20 year old car it should be clay bared, unless the owner has recently. what kind of interior cleaner can i use OTHER than armorall, i dont like the greasy look it gives and makes every thing feel like.

Post Thanks / Like

alright. from the pictures i cant see any swirling, but ill have to see if there is any when i get it, although im sure it being a 20 year old car it should be clay bared, unless the owner has recently. what kind of interior cleaner can i use OTHER than armorall, i dont like the greasy look it gives and makes every thing feel like.
    A good APC mixed with water 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner would be what I use, just don`t spray on the surface always on the cleaning towel then wipe..for dressing its hard to beat PB natural look

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information