Post Thanks / Like

Some General ?s before I get started...

Hey guys, been readin around a lot, and picked up all kinda of great info. Beginning of next week, I`ll be ordering the PC with poorboys products kit from Troy here!

I just had a few general questions about the products before I dive in head first! I`ve noticed the line on SSR1 blurs quite a bit between the paint correction step, and the polishing step. I was wonderin your thoughts on this? I saw on the site that it does say SSR1 is a light abrasive...I`m assuming this isn`t something that could be used forever, even though it`s a mild compound?

After the initialy "big" detail with all the steps, what do you guys usually do as upkeep? I know a car can only have the paint corrected so many times.

Is Pro Polish a good thing to have on hand for the upkeep on a car, and can a car be polished virtually an infinite number of times?

Sorry if that sounded like rambling, but SO much information on this site, is both helpful, and utterly confusing at times! Thanks!
    It`s a habit...and I`m OK with that...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some General ?s before I get started...

Pro polish is great. Perfect for what you are looking for it to do.
    After that, just pick your lsp and go to it. (in my case multiple lsp`s)

or glaze and lsp`s
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BPebzly View Post
    Hey guys, been readin around a lot, and picked up all kinda of great info. Beginning of next week, I`ll be ordering the PC with poorboys products kit from Troy here!

I just had a few general questions about the products before I dive in head first! I`ve noticed the line on SSR1 blurs quite a bit between the paint correction step, and the polishing step. I was wonderin your thoughts on this? I saw on the site that it does say SSR1 is a light abrasive...I`m assuming this isn`t something that could be used forever, even though it`s a mild compound?

After the initialy "big" detail with all the steps, what do you guys usually do as upkeep? I know a car can only have the paint corrected so many times.

Is Pro Polish a good thing to have on hand for the upkeep on a car, and can a car be polished virtually an infinite number of times?

Sorry if that sounded like rambling, but SO much information on this site, is both helpful, and utterly confusing at times! Thanks!
    Forget about it. I could see how someone could feel totally overwhelmed reading all this information, then on top of that have 8 different opinons on "how to"

There is nothing like hands on experience,at some point you have to jump in.

As far as what products.Its hard to beat the line of products at Poorboys World. Having said that. It is only natrual to try other products. What works on one car may not work on the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BPebzly View Post
    Good choice!

Always use the least aggressive method first. You want to preserve as much paint as possible. Remember that you can increase/decrease the cut of SSR1 (or any polish) with pad choice and pressure.

Take special care when washing, etc. to keep the marring to a minimum, so as not to have to polish again for a while. Using a quality soap, wash media and towels will really help in this department. Also, if the car is a daily driver, you will have to live with some amount of "damage." If you polish the paint on a DD every time it has a mark on it, you will be polishing it on a regular basis. Just be careful when touching the paint (washing or QDing) and it will stay in pretty good shape. Most can get away with a very light polish once or twice a year.

Yes, PP is a good product.

No. Eventually, you will polish through the clear. It would take a lot of polishing, or heavy compounding to do so, so don`t be paranoid about it. If you follow the guidelines mentioned above, you will have no problems with "over polishing".

Hope this helps and post pics!

Thread Information