Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Extractors

Hello everyone, I am looking for advice from the detailers here on the forum. Let me first describe my business to give you a better feel for what I need.

I am a high volume car dealer that details roughly 130 used cars per month. The cars come in in a wide variety of conditions. They range from good condition with no stains to very soiled seats and carpets that have juice, milk, mud, and anything else you could imagine on them.

The extractor we have now is not doing what we need it to do. It doesn`t take out stains as well as it use to and is also leaving our interiors VERY wet. Right now, the extremely wet interiors are one of my major concerns.

After researching on Detail City, as well as some other forums, it seems that many of you like the Mytee brand.

With that said, MYtee makes many different levels of extractors and my question to all of you is which one should I be looking at? Or should I be looking at another brand altogether?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Extractors

to DC

I would suggest looking around locally as with that volume you will need an industrial machine. You might even look at a mobile carpet cleaner that is going out of business to get a killer deal on a higher quality machine. My point is that with high volume comes the need for servicing and if you don`t have some one local to service it, that`s lost time and money
    Forget about brand and look for service
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

and what Steve said
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    to DC

I would suggest looking around locally as with that volume you will need an industrial machine. You might even look at a mobile carpet cleaner that is going out of business to get a killer deal on a higher quality machine. My point is that with high volume comes the need for servicing and if you don`t have some one local to service it, that`s lost time and money
    Forget about brand and look for service
    Thanks for the warm welcome Poorboy!

The "service" point is a good one. I think half my problem now is that the machine we have has been abused and was never maintained properly.

Taking your advice, I put a call in to a guy I know in the carpet business to see if he knows of any cleaners going out. That was definitely a good idea!

To everyone else, I would still like to hear what you have to say. Other opinions are welcome as are leads to carpet cleaners going out of business in the NJ area.

Thanks.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked with the company where you purchase your carpet/upholstery chemicals? I know my local supply house has a bulletin board (physical, not virtual) for people to post just this kind of thing.

Another (and perhaps too obvious) thought, are your employees simply overwetting the upholstery vs. your equipment not extracting properly.

And again... If you are doing a large volume of upholstered items then how about investing in an upholstery specific tool. One I saw demo`ed barely left the material wet at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Have you checked with the company where you purchase your carpet/upholstery chemicals? I know my local supply house has a bulletin board (physical, not virtual) for people to post just this kind of thing.

Another (and perhaps too obvious) thought, are your employees simply overwetting the upholstery vs. your equipment not extracting properly.

And again... If you are doing a large volume of upholstered items then how about investing in an upholstery specific tool. One I saw demo`ed barely left the material wet at all.
    The company that we purchase our chemicals from comes to us and, to be honest, I don`t know if they have a store front or if they`re only do delivery. I am going to find out since you mentioned it.

Regarding the over wetting of the upholstery, I never considered that. When I visited my detail shop they showed me their extractor, held their hand up to the part that extracts the water from the seats and said, "See? It doesn`t have good suction." I am far from a professional detailer so I don`t know if what they are telling me is legit or not.

The upholstery tool that we use looks like this: Stainless Steel Auto Detailer Tool - CleanFreak.com

Is that similar to what you saw?

Thanks for input Mr. Clean!

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mytee HP60. I love it. If you are doing large volume, I would go bigger. The HP100 has the same internals as the HP60, but has a bigger solution and recovery tank.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

I make yo ride bling!! :)
    Post Thanks / Like

might seem lil obvious, but make sure the lid is on tightly and the drain is shut on your machine, the mytee we have at work has no suction if the reserve tank lid is not on all the way aloowoing air to get in or when the drain valve is open. other option could be the ball inside the reserve tank is stuck up in its canister allowing the machine to think that the tank is full. ours gets stuck occasionally and a few taps on the canister and it drops down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mackey View Post
    ...The upholstery tool that we use looks like this: Stainless Steel Auto Detailer Tool - CleanFreak.com

Is that similar to what you saw?

Thanks for input Mr. Clean!
    That one appears to be a good quality tool, but it is not what I was referring to.
    HydraMaster DriMaster Upholstery Tool
    Quite a bit more money, but a specific use tool which depending on your volume could save money in the long run. It was demo-ed using a "cheap" portable spotter, think less lift than a good wet/dry vac and it was pretty darned amazing.

Maybe your contact is familiar with the company (HydraMaster) and could arrange a demo for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello again Detail City. I just wanted to thank you guys for your help in my extractor purchase. I decided to go with Mytee HP-100 and I purchased it here to support the site that helped me out. There were a decent amount of posts here and other detail forums where people were happy with their Mytee products so I went for it!

I have learned a lot from this forum, and not just about extractors. I`m looking into a PC 7424 for myself and am going to learn how to perform quality paint correction like all of you do. <-- see, I`m even getting some of the lingo down

So thanks DC! I`ll see you all soon!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s great news Chris. Mytee does have a very good name. Let us know how you like it. I`m trying to resist the urge to buy one myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Working in a shop environment it looks like you made a good choice. I was surprised when I looked at the specs of the machine. For some reason, I thought that was a dual plug machine; which would make it unsuitable for my environment.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s good that it is working out for you.
    One of the things that I have alway liked about DC is the mix of professionals, hobby detailers and beginners. It is possible to get a real cross section of what has worked for others.
    For you as a professinal to get feedback from other professionals has to be helpful.

The fact that the professionals seem to be willing to share their secrets without reservation is really helpful for a hobby detailer like myself.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    The fact that the professionals seem to be willing to share their secrets without reservation is really helpful for a hobby detailer like myself.
    I couldn`t agree more Charles. I was very blessed to have had some very good detailers take the time to teach me. They saved me a lot of trial and error, that`s for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mackey View Post
    Hello again Detail City. I just wanted to thank you guys for your help in my extractor purchase. I decided to go with Mytee HP-100 and I purchased it here to support the site that helped me out. There were a decent amount of posts here and other detail forums where people were happy with their Mytee products so I went for it!

I have learned a lot from this forum, and not just about extractors. I`m looking into a PC 7424 for myself and am going to learn how to perform quality paint correction like all of you do. <-- see, I`m even getting some of the lingo down

So thanks DC! I`ll see you all soon!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Thread Information