Post Thanks / Like

Finally got some pics!!!

Hey guys, sorry it took so long, but we`ve had some crazy weather here in the burgh lately. Monday it was snowing, and Saturday it was 50 degrees and Sunny. I took the opportunity and washed mine and the GF`s cars to try and get you guys some pics.

Anyone who didn`t catch my intro thread, I am a total newb, not familiar with all the products, and lingo. I`ve been reading through the forum, and I`m thinking I`ll probably end up going with Poorboys stuff, as it seems very popular and is one of the only ones I`m developing some familiarity with. I originally said that my GF`s RSX was gonna be my project, but I`m thinking I`m gonna do my 350z first as it`s probably not going to require as severe of products or procedures, and will be a better opp. for me to start getting familiar with everything. As of now, I got a wool mit, and some wheel sealant. Gonna be a while before I can get a PC/Flex (any recommendations on what`s best for a newb?), so for now I`m just hoping to learn what process, products, and so on, that I`ll be lookin at!

Before the pics, I had a probably very stupid question. Just out of curiousity everyone says the newbies should go with a PC. I was just wondering what it is that makes it so much safer...speed, oscillation???, just not sure on that one.

Enjoy...my car`s up first, and the GF`s is after. I`m new to taken pics that try to accent swirls and scratches, and being that my car is silver, it was that much more difficult, I hope these help. Insight on both would be welcomed and greatly appreciated!!

Here she is...

Down diagonal from the left you can see some light scuffs in the paint, there is also a semi-circle of the same kind of scuffs but they didn`t show up in the pics

These are rear splash guards are coming off, and I`m sure will leave behind some unsightly blemishes

Steel wool, and a good polish??

Anything you`d need to see more of just let me know!! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally got some pics!!!

And now hers...little background on the car...the front bumber was painted about a year ago, as well as under the wing. Paint under the wing is pretty dull, but it`s kinda hard to tell in the pics. Can this be remedied? or if it`s dull from new paint, is there no reversing it?

Scratches on fenders are pretty significant

This is what the majority of swirls on the car look like

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate everyones willingness to help!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all a good metal polish minus the steel wool will clean the exhaust up just fine.

Nice car. To get the best advice you need to show us some better pics using a halogen light or sunlight to expose any paint defects in the pics. Put your finger or something in the center of your cameras view so it will focus properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt see your second car when I posted. It looks like some fairly light paint correction is needed. Do you already have products to use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BPebzly View Post
    Just out of curiousity everyone says the newbies should go with a PC. I was just wondering what it is that makes it so much safer...speed, oscillation???, just not sure on that one.
    It doesn`t create a lot of heat like any machine with a forced rotation will. That makes it gentler on the surface. The Porter Cable doesn`t have a lot of bite but will level the paint very slowly.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t...actually don`t even have a PC yet...workin on gettin some cash together to get one of the kits from you...probably gonna go with the PC and poorboys products kit. After reading around the forum, I`m putting together something of a familiarity with their stuff, and everyone seems to speak highly of it. Is it def a PC for a newbie, or is the Flex a good option too??

Post Thanks / Like

From what I am seeing a Porter Cable DA should be all you need. The FLEX is a better paint correcter because it has more bite but is still safer than a rotary. The poorboy`s kit is what I was going to suggest.

Post Thanks / Like

You`ll out grow teh pc in 2 details. Go straight for the flex (imho)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where in the `Burgh are you? I`m moving back in July.... probably east suburbs.
    Good luck with the car.. Post pics when done!!
    Mark S.

"You may now return your stewardess to her original upright position"

Thread Information