Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fabric protection

Do you pros offer fabric protection for seats and carpet? I have been using up my supplies so i can order more,anyway i had cleaned my clothseats in my workvan.I then had applied stoners fabric protector to my seats.a few days later i was looking for directions for customers home and i knocked over some coke and to my suprize the drink beaded up on the seat,i just reached over and plucked the beads of coke off the seat.I thought that was so cool.I was thinking of doing the stoner on the carpet of my silverado,has anybody had good luck with this,and is there another product better than stoners for this app.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fabric protection

I have a 2006 Ford Escape and I was wondering if it would help to use Scotchguard on the seats. I understand that Ford seats are hard to clean when they get dirty.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a Pro, but I have used 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on the carpet in two boats and my minivan.
    It has never really been tested in the van by anything stronger than some iced tea. The boats have had iced tea and non-alcoholic beverages spilled on them.
    All cleaned up with no visible after effects.
    It`s possible they would have cleaned up OK if I had not used the Fabric Guard.
    I remember reading that the 303 Fabric Guard has had at least one reformulation and not everyone agrees that the new formula was an improvement. Possibly even a step backwards.
    Scotchgard is another well known name in the field.
    It`s possible that both 303 and Scotchgard might have at one time contained chemicals that weren`t particularly good for people or the environment.
    They do seem to work and the only caution I was given was that the use of them might keep any dye from working in the fabric if you decided you needed to redye your carpet/upholstery. That does sometimes happen when you have vehicles that are almost 30 years old.

Charles

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer fabric protection. Haven`t really upsold it in a while, as people are pinching pennies these days. Maybe in this year I will push harder
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be a fair price for that type of sevice? I know that vehicle size plays a part in it also.Do you have a product you prefer texastb.

Thread Information