Post Thanks / Like

Question Detail Spray and L.G.

Hey people
    I have several coats of L.G. on my car. Been about 3 wks. since my last coat. Last Sat. I used some Black Magic Spray Detailer. I think I washed it twice since the detail spray. Can I put some more coats of L.G. on after I wash it this wknd?Will the little bit of wax that is in the spray be wore off? If Dawn is suggested, will that strip off any L.G. Ant replys before Sat. afternoon would be appreciated
    http://members.cardomain.com/johnnygee3

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass has cleaners, which will remove whatever wax you have on there, and even the LG that is on there. Does the Black Magic Detailer have wax? Most of the QD`s I know do not have wax, the only one I know is EF Clear Pearl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was told the Black Magic has a little wax. L.G. says it will not adhere to any wax that is on the surface. Plus it does not remove previous coats of L.G.- L.G. says that you can layer it on for a more pronounced effect,and that it will not matter if other coats are applied. Only makes it look even better.
    http://members.cardomain.com/johnnygee3

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, my bad. It appears that LG has been reformulated. When I saw your post, I went to their site, and they list a pre-cleaner now, and advertise that they have no chemical or abrasive cleaners. Interesting. Have you tried rubbing LG on uncleared paint to see if any comes off?

Since there are no cleaners, you would have to use dishsoap to wash off the wax in the QD. Why don`t you use a no-wax QD until you are satisfied with your LG layers?

You could try it and see if the LG will bond. Probably just a regular carwash with carsoap will take off the tiny bit of wax in a QD. The only bad part is that you lose some time, if the LG doesn`t bond.

Dishsoap should not remove the LG.

Boss_429
    If you want to be on the safe side, get some Gold Class car wash, and use a little bit "richer" mix car wash than the directions call for. (a little bit, not too much)

Mixed that way, the GC should remove what little wax the QD added. You probably don`t need it, as the LG alone would probably do the trick.

Thread Information