Thread: 303 on tires?

Post Thanks / Like

303 on tires?

Has anyone use 303 on their tires? I am work and I can`t remember if 303 can be applied on tires or not.

So far I have been using my 303 as an interior dressing, for the seals and trims, and I also use it on my leather seats and I have to say it is a good product.

Never tried it on tires but let me know if it`s applicable. I guess when I get home today I will have to look at the back of the container and see if the product can be applied to tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 on tires?

Quote Originally Posted by OCD_Maniac View Post
    Has anyone use 303 on their tires? I am work and I can`t remember if 303 can be applied on tires or not.

So far I have been using my 303 as an interior dressing, for the seals and trims, and I also use it on my leather seats and I have to say it is a good product.

Never tried it on tires but let me know if it`s applicable. I guess when I get home today I will have to look at the back of the container and see if the product can be applied to tires.
    It will work just fine more of a matted finish than shiny...it also doesn`t quite last as long as a dedicated tire product but in a pinch it will work just fine
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

303 was my tire dressing for several years.
    It does leave a matte finish which is what I prefer.
    303 is often used incorrectly by people spraying or wiping it on and leaving it.
    To do it`s job properly, it needs to be buffed off to get rid of the excess product not absorbed into the material being treated.
    Check out this link. 303 Products Inc.: Protect Rubber Tires - Tire Tech Facts

For me, I felt I had to use something to clean the tires before applying the 303.
    Poorboy`s Bold and Bright cleaned and dressed with one product. Easy, and I like easy.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Poorboy`s Bold and Bright cleaned and dressed with one product. Easy, and I like easy.
    X2. I really like PB B&B. Easy is good.

(303 is a little pricey for tires... PBBB is $39 per gallon and my first gallon lasted 3 years!)
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

for tires you cant go wrong with armor all extreme gel or megs hot shine spray . I use these two every weekend !

Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried 303 on tires before but abandoned it due to it`s lack of durability.
    Tampa, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RyansAutoDetail View Post
    for tires you cant go wrong with armor all extreme gel or megs hot shine spray . I use these two every weekend !
    I used to really like Armor All Detailer`s Advantage Foam (it had a gold label). I don`t see it around anymore and suspect it didn`t make the VOC cut. I`ve never cared for the Meguiar`s Hot Shine. Too plastic looking of a finish for my taste. I don`t mind a gloss shine but this was too much for me. I found this to be true even wiped down and definitely the case if you spray and walk away. In fact in the case of the spray and move on application I`ve even seen this stuff crack (obviously applied to thick). I will say that once dry it wouldn`t sling. Mike Phillips of Meguiar`s sent me several cans of this when it was first introduced. I still have a couple of cans left. I tell my son to use it (I don`t care what his tires look like). That`s not really true I`ve taught him to do it right and give him a jab when he takes short cuts. I find the gels to be too much work for an man that can`t kneel down. I prefer an easy to apply foam as long as I have time for it to dry before going anywhere in the vehicle.

I`m with Charles or the first part of his statement, I always clean the tire well before applying a finish. I`m pretty old school here and believe a stiff nylon brush with either Comet or Ajax to be the best at cleaning rubber. For those who one step this process may I ask where the dirt on the tire goes if you don`t scrub it down well? Some tires are obviously worse when it comes to "blooming" than others. How does the one step process work with tires that bloom (brown)?

Edit: I just checked the Armor All web site and they show the Detailer`s Advantage to still be available. I never stumble across it. I`ll have to be a little more dedicated in my search and see if it is still the same formula. I know this went away for awhile.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiars something in an aresole lol it was only $3.50 works great also looks great for wheel wells, I also use Armor All tire shine in the orange bottle

Thread Information