Post Thanks / Like

Question Need Suggestions

I need some help, do people like using the 7424 orbital better than the 7336 rotary? I`ve been reading alot about the 7424 and it seems more people use this than the rotary. Does the 7424 produce better results than the rotary? I am looking to buy either, because my detail man just quit because of school, and he took his buffer with him. Now I`m gonna have to do a lot of the detail work on my own I have a couple of cars coming in before NOPI that have minor scratches, bad paint fogging on a black supra, and some that just need the paint refreshed. What would you recommend the 7424 or 7336, what type of pads do I need, and what type of product should I use? I have some stuff made by a local detail supplier called Southern Detail Suppliers own brand called Super Glaze some gray stuff, says it removes oxidation and scratches, it`s most likely some sort of AutoMagic product. I got it to try it out when we had the rotary.

What does everyone reccomend.

J.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the 7424 and 7336 were one in the same, a variable speed orbital, I may be wrong but I don`t think so. The 7424 has the counter weight and then the 7336 came out after that with no counter weight requirement. I`d go with the 7336 over the 7424 given the choice. Neither is a rotary such as DeWault and Makita offer and if you`re just getting into using a polisher, I`d suggest starting out with an orbital. I`m not sure about that product line you mention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here - check out this link. They are the same tool with a slightly different setup. If you are new to detailing, do not fool around with a rotary until you have mastered the random orbital.
    PC explanation

And here`s how to use the tools - Save this!
    How to use a PC

That should get you happening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, well I`m looking to invest in either one, can`t do both right now, but I would rather go ahead and get the rotary and learn. I feel very confident that I am capable of mastering a rotary, first time I ever used it, was on a buddy of mines scratched up 98 black 240, and I had no problems with it. I have my whole car to test it on, 95 Burgandy Nissan, We are having it repainted in a month anyways. So I would rather buy once than twice. Will the Orbital give me any better results than the Rotary? I have used the rotary on a ocuple of cars before, and no problems, so I am familiar with it. Anyone have any reccomendations on a rotary? Good quality good price?

J.D.

Thread Information